Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2018 Scat Pack in octane red a few days ago. First time owning any performance vehicle and first time having a manual (still learning but haven't stalled....yet). Absolutely in love with this car! I wouldn't change anything about it except for one thing. *cough*tires*cough*

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Great color! Congrats :)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,350 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 Scat Pack in octane red a few days ago. First time owning any performance vehicle and first time having a manual (still learning but haven't stalled....yet). Absolutely in love with this car! I wouldn't change anything about it except for one thing. *cough*tires*cough*
Save up your money and put 275/40 - 20s on they fit the 20 x 9" SP wheels perfectly. And they'll look way better vs. the "stretched" look of 245s on those 20 x 9" wheels.

Here's my SPS on day #2 when I got the new tires installed [the OEM 245s came off with 24mi on them...and sold those to another club member]

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Save up your money and put 275/40 - 20s on they fit the 20 x 9" SP wheels perfectly. And they'll look way better vs. the "stretched" look of 245s on those 20 x 9" wheels.

Here's my SPS on day #2 when I got the new tires installed [the OEM 245s came off with 24mi on them...and sold those to another club member]
I like that look a lot more. Is it worth upgrading tires on stock wheels or should I skip that and just go straight to new wheels for wider tires? I daily drive this btw I've already whipped the tail trying to beat traffic on a right turn

·
Super Moderator
15,350 Posts
the model of tires will have some differences.

RSA-2 (std. tire on SP) are okay up to a point. The F1s (optional) are a no-go below 40* - they turn rock hard and won't grip.

Then there's the reality of all that torque down low. You'll overwhelm 245s much more readily than a tire with more tread area on the road.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
Welcome from West Palm Beach, FL!

Congrats on the beautiful new ride. Feel free to call us 888-SPD-LOGX, PM us, or stop by the shop we would love to help answer any questions you may have.

The first Sunday of every month we have Dodges and Donuts at our shop, a nice get together for our local customers.

- Alexis

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Good for you!!!! Love the Octane. Them turns are my favorite part! Ahhhh, it never gets old..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome from Ft. Lauderdale!
Another 6.4L in SoFla!
Sweet ride!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from West Palm Beach, FL!

Congrats on the beautiful new ride. Feel free to call us 888-SPD-LOGX, PM us, or stop by the shop we would love to help answer any questions you may have.

The first Sunday of every month we have Dodges and Donuts at our shop, a nice get together for our local customers.

- Alexis
Are you located near Palm Beach International Raceway?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I like that look a lot more. Is it worth upgrading tires on stock wheels or should I skip that and just go straight to new wheels for wider tires? I daily drive this btw I've already whipped the tail trying to beat traffic on a right turn
Congrats from MI! Beautiful car and color. My .02, get bigger rims and go for at least 295's on it. My Scatpack has 275's on it and the car still shreds them in 3rd gear.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congrats from MI! Beautiful car and color. My .02, get bigger rims and go for at least 295's on it. My Scatpack has 275's on it and the car still shreds them in 3rd gear.
Agreed!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts