Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have a 2018 SXT 3.6. Unfortunately so new, no one is saying the CARB Cold Air Intakes will fit.

Does anyone know if the 17's will fit the 18? Sorry for being such a noob but well hell. I am. Lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Lmoranti. While 2015 on will fit, the actual CARB EO is year specific. Basically every year must be tested and certified again. The testing takes time, and it can be July/August before you see 50 state legal. Airaid for instance, still does not have the EO for the 2017, and it's almost October.

https://www.airaid.com/search/applications.aspx?prod=352-210

However, if you are in California? You don't have a smog test for the first 6 years, you just pay a fee at registration time.

Six model-years and newer do not need a biennial inspection

Four model-years and newer do not need a change-of-ownership inspection

So if you're in CA, and you get one, it will not have the EO# sticker, but by the time you need a smog check, it should have one. I am not sure if the company will send you a sticker once they are certified.

A Guy

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
I never understood this. Can't you do what you want and then switch back to stock before the inspection and then switch back after? It's not like a random drug test, you know when it is coming?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Yes, you can, but it's a hassle. If they get the EO, then it's just legal, and no switching. A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
A VERY HOT welcome from Chicagoland. Nice car. Got any pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts