Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,038 Posts
I am not saying it may be correct, how they set it, but if it is, very odd. Would be great if more people with the manual, and your model would confirm/deny. A Guy

·
Registered
271 Posts
My 2018 Scat pack launch control is 3100rpm - 4500rpm. Way too freakin high.... I spin them through first and second on hot GA asphalt using it at 3100RPM, don't get traction till I grab 3rd gear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 Challenger TA 6 speed was having the same issue took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the ecu and now the launch control works perfect it has a a range of 1700 to 4000 rpm for launching

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,038 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Carlton Luna. Thanks for the info

A Guy

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 2018 SRT 6M lets me program from 2500-4500. Where yours says 3100 mine says 2500 so it looks to me like that's what your limit is unfortunately. I haven't messed with mine too much I've only tried launching at 2500 using launch control in track mode. When I do the traction control keeps it from getting any wheel spin at all. Are you sure you are doing it right? I feel like the traction control works so well that I could launch at 3100 with no wheel spin also but haven't had the chance to try it yet. Will post when I do though. BTW if I don't use launch control and drop the clutch at 2500 rpms the car will just spin tossing smoke, rubber, and $1 bills out the back in a hurry.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So I tried launch control last night at 3100 rpm. I did get some wheelspin but not much. I had to feather the throttle a little after launch but it was still a decent launch. Are you sure you are doing it right? I definitely didn't spin near as much as you are describing.

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
If you are feathering the throttle then your launch control gets disabled and regular traction control takes over. You have to keep your foot flat on the floor and dump the clutch for it to work as designed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you are feathering the throttle then your launch control gets disabled and regular traction control takes over. You have to keep your foot flat on the floor and dump the clutch for it to work as designed.

Ya I hear you 3100 is a tad too much for that but I think the OG is doing something wrong because my car doesn't just straight burn the tires at 3100 like he was saying his does. RPMs are still too high there but it does a pretty good job of managing it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Launch control

I have a 17 Auto and I can't use launch control without my front skinnies skidding out my car and not holding down to the ground has anybody had this problem

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
Try rpm at 2000 or lower, hold brake firmly down and mash the gas quickly to floor. If car still slides forward, try a lower launch rpm.

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
I don't think so. Is it like it's powerbraking? If so, then you need to lower launch rpm.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
My 2018 SRT 6M lets me program from 2500-4500. Where yours says 3100 mine says 2500 so it looks to me like that's what your limit is unfortunately. I haven't messed with mine too much I've only tried launching at 2500 using launch control in track mode. When I do the traction control keeps it from getting any wheel spin at all. Are you sure you are doing it right? I feel like the traction control works so well that I could launch at 3100 with no wheel spin also but haven't had the chance to try it yet. Will post when I do though. BTW if I don't use launch control and drop the clutch at 2500 rpms the car will just spin tossing smoke, rubber, and $1 bills out the back in a hurry.
I like all that stuff after you said BTW.

Reactions: enemy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

I believe I am having an issue with my launch control settings.

Everything functions with launch control as it should. What I am unsure of it that the RPM settings give me a range of 3100-4500 rpms. Is this correct?

This seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum as even at 3100 rpms I still just sit and spin. There would be no hope to hook up at 4500 rpms, this seems entirely too high to even be an option.

I cannot find literature to confirm what the settings should actually have available, but from the research I have done, the range is typically below the 3100 rpm threshold.

My car is a 2018 Challenger T/A 392 with 2,500 miles.
Hey, I know I’m late... like 2 years late. Please I need help with this because I think I’m damaging something.
i have a 2016 6 speed Manual scat pack challenger. I have beefy 315s in the back. Now every time I use launch control, It doesn’t work.
I press the launch control I have it set at 2500 rpms, and I hold gas and clutch. I quickly release the clutch and keep my foot on the gas, the car budges maybe a foot, and fuel cuts. At this point my pedal is on the floor, I am in 1st gear, but my rpms are at 1000. I am in gear, clutch is out gas is in, car is still on, but rpms stay at 1K and the car doesnt move. This has been happening a lot, every time I try launch control. I’ve tried 2000 rpms, 2500, 3000, even 3500, but every time I release the clutch it doesn’t accelerate and i feel like it breaks. Because normally when a car is in 1st with the clutch completely out and the gas in, it’s moving. Not stationaryin gear with idle rpms. the engine is still running too. Very odd, and I don’t know how to fix it.

Sorry for my long ass explanation, I just want to make sure y’all understand what I’m talking about so I’m describing it the best I can.
Thoughts?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts