Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I been driving my ta for a couple weeks now and all I have to say it's a well oiled machine. It's sooooooo much better than my supercharged rt. The way this car responds and feels and sounds is incredible. Can't wait to unlock track mode. Today I took my wife for a ride and had her in tears. I said why you crying and she said the acceleration was exhilerating. This car pulls hard for a 485hp car. The brakes are unbelievable. Hammering brakes at 90mph to a stop was crazy. I love this car so much. Thank Luke at Steve White Motors.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Glad to hear your enjoying the new car.

That's the world of naturally aspirated plus the "torque monster" characteristic of the 392.

With forced induction, boost comes on and most of the gains are in the upper end.

With the NA engine and the 392 tuning - there's the linear power curve.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear your enjoying the new car.

That's the world of naturally aspirated plus the "torque monster" characteristic of the 392.

With forced induction, boost comes on and most of the gains are in the upper end. thanks

With the NA engine and the 392 tuning - there's the linear power curve.
yes boost power came on later but this 392 automatic gearing pulls way better up top too. Wonder how much improvement there is from a tune and a tazer with track mode?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I thought R/T's with a SC were faster than a 392?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts