Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just joined the forum, hope to be spending some time here in the future.

I'm currently looking around to hopefully find my first Challenger.

I've seen this one for sale - 2018 Dodge Challenger Texas City TX | League City Galveston Houston Texas 2C3CDZFJ3JH283842 (demontrondmitsubishi.com)

The thing I noticed right away was the missing side stripes. Then I ran the VIN to see the build details and sure enough it shows side stripe delete.

Do they still have the T/A and 392 decals if you option the delete or has some one messed around with those ?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Not sure what you mean by "Do they still have the T/A and 392 decals if you option the delete or has some one messed around with those ? "

If you order the delete, they are never installed at the factory. You could always order the stripes and have them installed, or aftermarket, but there are no stripes for that particular car, they were just skipped

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
Do you mean these?

Those are left over when no stripes installed

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there, and thanks for the reply.

Yes it's the T/A and 392 fender decals I wondered about. I was thinking it looks odd with just those on and thought they would be deleted along
with the actual stripe itself. The stripe delete option seems to be unusual, I can't find any T/A pictured without it, apart from the odd ones where the owner has removed them themselves.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
Yeah, if you do a 2020 R/T with T/A package, it removes everything. But they didn't have the 392 obviously

I can't say they didn't add those at the dealer (at customers request perhaps). I suspect stripe delete would remove the T/A for sure, and likely the 392

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got the CarFax report on that T/A I was looking at. I'm put off as it states 4+ owners. Why would a 3 year old car show that many owners ?

·
Banned
2017 TA Green Go.
272 Posts
Is the carfax clean otherwise? People are fickle for the most part and change the mind easily.
My car had only 1 owner but has a moderate accident AND a lemon buyback.
I would be less concerned about owners and more about if the maint was done in a timely fashion.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
Well I got the CarFax report on that T/A I was looking at. I'm put off as it states 4+ owners. Why would a 3 year old car show that many owners ?
That would bother me a lot as well. Find out if they are dealers or something odd. Or a lease/rental company.

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
Huge red flag.

And if any of the owners is FCA then you absolutely don't want this car.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

here is a link to the CarFax, hopefully it is OK to post that here ?

Thank you all.

Edit to remove link as it did not work !

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
Can't see it, who's the owners?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts