Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Replaced battery and lost almost 85% of screen functions including Super Drag Pack,Drag mode,uconnect,back up camera,line lock.. Basically it is a stock r/T 5.7 mode with sport and normal but lost everything else..
Dealer baffled so I won't leave it for them to ding and ruin on my dime..
Anyone have a solution as Ihave tried the reset rh screen method and zero results...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Replaced battery and lost almost 85% of screen functions including Super Drag Pack,Drag mode,uconnect,back up camera,line lock.. Basically it is a stock r/T 5.7 mode with sort and normal but lost everything else..
Dealer baffled so I won't leave it for them to ding and ruin on my dime..
Anyone have a solution as Ihave tried the reset rh screen method and zero results...
I would contact U-Connect & hopefully they can help you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,215 Posts
It may sound counterintuitive, but disconnect the battery leads at the battery, hold the 2 leads together for a few seconds. Wait ten minutes and reconnect again. Unless the head unit has gone bad, it's just "confused". You need to assure that all power is drained from the system so it will reset when reconnected

A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would contact U-Connect & hopefully they can help you.
I did and they were completely useless..
I swear I’ll trade this in tomorrow and be done with it after seeing the nightmares from uconnect issues ..

Went this morning to dealer and they're baffled. So according to them if you replace a battery chances are you'll need a new radio head and maybe a new PCM.
The exact reason I bought this car was to avoid being under its hood and having tragic events happen under normal servicing of such vehicle...

It may sound counterintuitive, but disconnect the battery leads at the battery, hold the 2 leads together for a few seconds. Wait ten minutes and reconnect again. Unless the head unit has gone bad, it's just "confused". You need to assure that all power is drained from the system so it will reset when reconnected

A Guy
Thank you for the recommendation,I did try it prior to going to the dealer to ask various questions about the uconnect situation tear now seems to be the normal for several people .
My particular partial working after a battery swap has baffled even the most seasoned pro.. The 1320 is its own animal with more technology that is completely gone now and all I have is a dealer who wants to throw parts at it.
I’ll give them one opportunity to correct it and if it’s the start of a saga of having this perfect car sit in a parking lot waiting for several attempts to fix it I’ll just trade out of it and take my bath..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation,I did try it prior to going to the dealer to ask various questions about the uconnect situation tear now seems to be the normal for several people .
My particular partial working after a battery swap has baffled even the most seasoned pro.. The 1320 is its own animal with more technology that is completely gone now and all I have is a dealer who wants to throw parts at it.
I’ll give them one opportunity to correct it and if it’s the start of a saga of having this perfect car sit in a parking lot waiting for several attempts to fix it I’ll just trade out of it and take my bath..
Did u ever get this issue fixed? I’m having same exact issue on the exact same car! Smdh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did u ever get this issue fixed? I’m having same exact issue on the exact same car! Smdh
I fixed it through uconnect after several attempts of soft reset via the left hand steering wheel hold down..
I never recovered the trans brake feature and have had been waiting for dodge to get a competent rep to look at it as they only are looking to replace the radio recall verses fixing the issue..
I will trade it for another reluctantly or get the super stock as dodge cannot fix the issue and if I allowed it the car would have sat for months..
Horrible service from dodge so I’m not sure I’ll continue to do business with them..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts