Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I hope Dodge doesn't fall for this 2.0 Turbo nonsense. These are muscle cars, not sports cars. And for some reason, it looks like a 4x4 with the way it sits.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I hope Dodge doesn't fall for this 2.0 Turbo nonsense. These are muscle cars, not sports cars. And for some reason, it looks like a 4x4 with the way it sits.
Agreed... put a hatchback on it and looks a crossover SUV. Looks good overall, but really losing that old Camaro look for sure. I do like the tail light change... that has always been the ugly spot on this car.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Well I am not a Chevy fan but, I think if their refresh looked a little more like this, then I am sure their sales would skyrocket.... Good thing I am not on their design team. Heck if they partnered with FCA and put a HEMI in it, I may even buy one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Well I am not a Chevy fan but, I think if their refresh looked a little more like this, then I am sure their sales would skyrocket.... Good thing I am not on their design team. Heck if they partnered with FCA and put a HEMI in it, I may even buy one.
You are right, Frank. The Camaro is starting to look like so many other new cars out there today. It is quickly losing it's old school look.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think the 2.0 turbo works fine for a camaro 1LE. That car IS a sports car. Not a muscle car. But as long as they keep making the 6.2L V8, then who cares? Personally I LOVE the camaros.

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
I was at as show this weekend - there were two new Camaros - noticed they had small "Turbo" badges in the lower grille - looked at the engines as they had their hoods open.

Its pretty odd looking to see all this empty space in the engine bay - and frankly, the turbo four isn't worth opening the hood for.

These two were parked next to a '15 - and you can see the differences as the styling keeps evolving - but not in a good way.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I think the 2.0 turbo works fine for a camaro 1LE. That car IS a sports car. Not a muscle car. But as long as they keep making the 6.2L V8, then who cares? Personally I LOVE the camaros.
I guess. I've always viewed the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger as muscle cars, never as sports cars. I feel the Challenger is the last remaining one but like you said, if they still make beefy V8's, what's the difference.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess. I've always viewed the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger as muscle cars, never as sports cars. I feel the Challenger is the last remaining one but like you said, if they still make beefy V8's, what's the difference.
Most people just assume you're a gun wielding boomer if you're in a Challenger.

Better than people assuming I'm wearing cargo shorts, $700 shoes, and vaping 24/7.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't see anything in the styling of that car that I dig or find unique or interesting.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
The front end of the new SS is actually disgusting. Camaro sales have been slumping, and it looks like they'll stay that way. It's unfortunate, because underneath that hideous, awful styling is a very well sorted chassis that supposedly drives great.

The performance of new Camaros can't be denied, but for a lot of people it doesn't make up for having a car you don't want to look at or be seen in. That's why the Challenger has climbed the sales ladder.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have nothing against the Camaro. It came out as a sharp looking retro inspired modern muscle car just like the challenger and has achieved a lot of things performance wise. But the styling has sharply deteriorated. year after year. It's at its lowest point for 2019.

This is when it was still amazing ....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
The front end of the new SS is actually disgusting. Camaro sales have been slumping, and it looks like they'll stay that way. It's unfortunate, because underneath that hideous, awful styling is a very well sorted chassis that supposedly drives great.

The performance of new Camaros can't be denied, but for a lot of people it doesn't make up for having a car you don't want to look at or be seen in. That's why the Challenger has climbed the sales ladder.
The stylists laid an egg when they came out with the '16 and before the 3rd year of production is done, they're already getting the '19 out...

Because the sales fell off - and for some odd reason the ZL1 keeps the '18 styling for now. The new version - I don't see any improvement.

So I guess its up to the Chevy faithful to keep it going...since I don't see the "new" styling winning any new buyers over.

Not a problem I have to worry about.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts