Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
10 years later and all the stuff about the Barracuda is nothing but talk.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
By virtue that the '15+ Mustang was the first model year it was officially offered for sale in markets other than N. America.

The other point is even a Mustang GT350R is a bargain against the least expensive base model 911. For the power and performance, the Mustang is a value for the price.

The Challenger is not offered for sale in Europe by FCA. Any models sold are individually imported by 3rd parties.
One of the bosses just bought one of those Mustang GT350R. One of 500 I guess. It's a real nice car, but it is a sports car, not a muscle car. He drives it to work at least 3 days a week, has thrashed it at Laguna Seca already, so it's no garage queen.
It spent the first 5 weeks in the dealership shop. Problems with the suspension. They had to replace the suspension computers. Ouch!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Wow...
I sold my '09 R/T in 2012, with the expectation that the "replacement" (whatever the hell it was) would be along in short order. (To be fair, I seldom drove it, because it was too effin' big to park anywhere without collecting door dents. People being the cretins that they are. I also wanted to free up some cash for a home purchase.)

So... Fast forward five - almost six - years, and everyone is still waiting. And it's still going to happen "in a year or two." Glad I didn't hold my breath.
In that period of time, the Mustang has gotten prettier. I might even consider buying one, except for that whole "Ford" thing.
And the Camaro still looks like a cartoon of itself. Still no chance in hell.
We have, however, purchased three other cars (including a new '16 Miata Club for my wife), since then. Sorry Sergio. You lost out. Chump.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
"I'm tellin' ya........they're gonna come out with a Barracuda", I'll bet my nuts on it !" quote Bruce Jenner 1998

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
We have, however, purchased three other cars (including a new '16 Miata Club for my wife), since then.
Why not an Abarth 124 Spider?! :5:

"I'm tellin' ya........they're gonna come out with a Barracuda", I'll bet my nuts on it !" quote Bruce Jenner 1998
:rofl:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ref - 2019 Challenger

NO - If we wanted a small car I would have bought the Camaro or Mustang. Glad I got the 2018 before Fiat changed the chassis from the current platform - HMMM hope they done their homework.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The convertible is not bad but the hard top looks stupid and not equally proportioned. Doesn't really matter to me if they don't improve the quality. I am quite disappointed with Dodge's quality. I have been buying Dodge products since Aug. 2004. 2 Magnum rt's, 1 Magnum SRT8, 1 Ram 1500, 2 Chargers, and 1 Challenger. Quality is steadily gone down hill.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
NO - If we wanted a small car I would have bought the Camaro or Mustang. Glad I got the 2018 before Fiat changed the chassis from the current platform - HMMM hope they done their homework.
The next Chassis is a modified LX platform...

·
Registered
58 Posts
From Dayton myself but now in NC - Same as you - We have had 3 1500's, currently have a 2012, 3 Chargers and just got my wife the 2018 TA. Electrial issues scare me. Wife HAD to have the TA but my next truck maybe a GMC.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Brands aren't loyal to me, so I'm not loyal to them. I purchase the better product.

The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Really Is Better Than The Miata

:lookaround:
That may be, But I'm reminded of the Crossfire. The bastage stepchild of Chrysler and Mercedes.
Neither the Chrysler or Benz dealers were interested in working on it. Or capable of working on it, for that matter.

Aside from that, the Miata is quite capable. More capable than 95% of the sports cars on the road. Not to mention the aftermarket support. (Ever read GRM?)
And it's freaking gorgeous. Much better looking than the 124, IMHO. And then there's that stellar reliability that Fiat is known for. :rofl:

To tell the truth, being pretty much a lifelong GM guy, buying a Dodge was a stretch for me.
Although I never had a minute's trouble with my Challenger, other than the mysterious "low voltage" code that showed up on the display, for no apparent reason, and the headlights that dimmed when the car idled, that Dodge couldn't fix. (Remember those?) But then I only kept it for ~10,000 miles.

So yeah.. if you want a 124, more power to ya'.

And if they ever offer a redesigned Challenger (Yeah, I know... "Two years".) I'll probably buy one.

(What I really want to do is wait until the new Mid-engine Corvette is a couple of years old, buy a used one, and rebadge it as a Fiero. Just to piss off the Corvette dweebs. :D )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think they should definitely go ahead with the “All American” approach... use alfa chassis if they have to but engineer it to feel different.. like Saabs and GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
According to RS, here are the 2019 Challenger updates and offerings:

2019 Challenger model lineup (partial list, tentative)

SXT
SXT Plus
GT AWD
GT RWD
R/T
R/T Shaker
R/T Plus
R/T Plus Shaker
R/T Scat Pack 392
R/T Scat Pack 392 Shaker
R/T Scat Pack 392 (special performance edition)
R/T Scat Pack 392 Wide body
SRT 392
SRT 392 Wide body
SRT Hellcat 6.2L (707 HP)
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody (707 HP)
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody SE (>707 HP)

What's New: 2019 Challenger

(Information in progress)

- Expanded wide body models
- New RWD GT
- New R/T Scat Pack 392 (performance edition)
- New Hellcat WB (special edition)
- New Electric Power Steering (Standard on Hellcat models)
- New _______ (Standard on Hellcat & RT 392 models)
- New _______ (Standard on Hellcat models)
- New _______ (WB SE & R/T SP SE only)
- New _______ (WB SE & R/T SP SE only)
- New __L engine
-
-

101 - 120 of 158 Posts
About this Discussion
157 Replies
80 Participants
pdx.challenger
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing