Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to RS, here are the 2019 Challenger updates and offerings:

2019 Challenger model lineup (partial list, tentative)

SXT
SXT Plus
GT AWD
GT RWD
R/T
R/T Shaker
R/T Plus
R/T Plus Shaker
R/T Scat Pack 392
R/T Scat Pack 392 Shaker
R/T Scat Pack 392 (special performance edition)
R/T Scat Pack 392 Wide body
SRT 392
SRT 392 Wide body
SRT Hellcat 6.2L (707 HP)
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody (707 HP)
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody SE (>707 HP)

What's New: 2019 Challenger

(Information in progress)

- Expanded wide body models
- New RWD GT
- New R/T Scat Pack 392 (performance edition)
- New Hellcat WB (special edition)
- New Electric Power Steering (Standard on Hellcat models)
- New _______ (Standard on Hellcat & RT 392 models)
- New _______ (Standard on Hellcat models)
- New _______ (WB SE & R/T SP SE only)
- New __L engine
-
-

Hmm I wonder the difference between a RWD GT and a loaded SXT..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Now my curiosity has been activated. Wondering what the Scat Pack Special Performance Edition will be???? Horsepower bump? 6 piston Brembos? Wider tires? If it's just a sticker package I'll hold on to my 16 Scat.

·
Registered
618 Posts
My wish is for the Challenger to end, Cuda is born, Charger redesigned to 68'-69' look.

Well on second thought, keep the Challenger also!smile:

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
According to RS, here are the 2019 Challenger updates and offerings:

2019 Challenger model lineup (partial list, tentative)

SXT
SXT Plus
GT AWD
GT RWD
R/T
R/T Shaker
R/T Plus
R/T Plus Shaker
R/T Scat Pack 392
R/T Scat Pack 392 Shaker
R/T Scat Pack 392 (special performance edition)
R/T Scat Pack 392 Wide body
SRT 392
SRT 392 Wide body
SRT Hellcat 6.2L (707 HP)
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody (707 HP)
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody SE (>707 HP)

What's New: 2019 Challenger

(Information in progress)

- Expanded wide body models
- New RWD GT
- New R/T Scat Pack 392 (performance edition)
- New Hellcat WB (special edition)
- New Electric Power Steering (Standard on Hellcat models)
- New _______ (Standard on Hellcat & RT 392 models)
- New _______ (Standard on Hellcat models)
- New __L engine
-
-
So no T/A for 2019... well that's disappointing. :frown:

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
So no T/A for 2019... well that's disappointing. :frown:
Maybe two possibilities ..

First, RS says it's a partial list and tentative so still could be coming.

Or, the T/A is gone because Ground Effects will be so swamped building Shakers and Widebodies that they won't have time for T/A.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
That... and from what I've been told by the dealership where I got my car, the T/As are not selling very well compared to the Scat Packs.

·
Banned
87 Posts
I agree, I hate those stripes, that's why I bought my all black '16 R/T Plus with the Black Top Stripe Delete!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
That... and from what I've been told by the dealership where I got my car, the T/As are not selling very well compared to the Scat Packs.
That's funny, most dealers I have spoken with say they can't keep T/A's on their lot, relative to Scats and Hellcats.

Most likely, FCA is just following their business plan to get to the 21/22 refresh/remodel year.

2 years of T/A's...

2 years of SE's (perhaps)...

A 50th yr package...

Just smart business...spice it up with talk of a 426, add a bit of performance and cross-sell packages. Add new color here and there, rotate impact colors, add flares, change stickers, etc...

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
That's funny, most dealers I have spoken with say they can't keep T/A's on their lot, relative to Scats and Hellcats.

Most likely, FCA is just following their business plan to get to the 21/22 refresh/remodel year.

2 years of T/A's...

A 50th yr package...

Just smart business...spice it up with talk of a 426, add a bit of performance and cross-sell packages. Add new color here and there, rotate impact colors, add flares, change stickers, etc...

I can't speak for the dealers you talked to but the overall consensus seems to be that they're not doing well. That coming from dealer feedback and overall sales figures. The Scats are a hot ticket and the T/As are not. They're still cool cars though.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts

2 years of T/A's...

A 50th yr package...

My timeline for new Challenger, about a year out - Want a TA hopefully there will be some 18's still out there. based on what I'm finding, there should be as I am still seeing plenty of 17 TA's around and about

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
It could be that a lot of younger buyers don't know the significance of the T/A car... In my opinion the T/A is the best looking Challenger yet no contest.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
It could be that a lot of younger buyers don't know the significance of the T/A car... In my opinion the T/A is the best looking Challenger yet no contest.
T/A requires more maintenance due to the satin hood in particular.

Vinyl you can **** up, remove, and re-apply.

Painted hood will scratch, burnish, chip, and you can't just peel off and re-apply.

I'd prefer if the T/A came with an option to skip the hood/roof/trunk, and then wrap it myself.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Here is my take on the new T/A: From a distance they look great because of the side stripes and the black hood. Up close they're not as appealing to me because of the vinyl wrap on the roof and trunk. Why?! I like the hood pins, pass on the white gauges and can't stand the 392 black wheels. Personally, I think the 5.7 T/As look better because of the wheels. I would take a Scat Pack over a T/A just because of the vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The 5.7L 345 is a dead man walking.
May not be the case. There were some rumors floating around that Dodge was going to stop production of the 5.7 and just use up a surplus of 5.7s and then discontinue. Doesn't seem to be the plan now (if it ever was). They're not going to stop putting them in their trucks anytime soon either.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts
About this Discussion
157 Replies
80 Participants
pdx.challenger
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing