Dodge Challenger Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not sure this has been covered elsewhere but I found an article dated Mar 13, 2018 stating a new 'Shakedown" package for the Shaker cars and two HIP colors now available for 2018 (B5 Blue and Plum Crazy) for the T/A, T/A Plus and T/A 392 with the rest of the models being added later in 2018. Considering I am looking to buy a Plum Crazy Challenger at some point, I thought this news worthy for me. Anybody else hear of this?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
2008- The Cuda is coming !
2009- The Cuda is coming !
2010- The Cuda is coming !
2011- The Cuda is coming !
2012- The Cuda is coming !
2013- The Cuda is coming !
2014- Tired of waiting and bought a 2014 R/T Plus and started my own "Challacuda"
2015- The Cuda is coming !
2016- The Cuda is coming !
2017- The Cuda is coming !
2018- The Cuda is coming !
2019- (Take a wild azz guess).

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
T/A requires more maintenance due to the satin hood in particular.

Vinyl you can **** up, remove, and re-apply.

Painted hood will scratch, burnish, chip, and you can't just peel off and re-apply.

I'd prefer if the T/A came with an option to skip the hood/roof/trunk, and then wrap it myself.
I had my T/A hood, roof and trunk wrapped in Xpel Stealth. Now, I wash my car as I would if it were just painted. Cost me an extra $750, but to me it was well worth it. And...nobody really knows its on there. Except me and anyone who touches it can feel it.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Here is my take on the new T/A: From a distance they look great because of the side stripes and the black hood. Up close they're not as appealing to me because of the vinyl wrap on the roof and trunk. Why?! I like the hood pins, pass on the white gauges and can't stand the 392 black wheels. Personally, I think the 5.7 T/As look better because of the wheels. I would take a Scat Pack over a T/A just because of the vinyl wrap.
I do agree about the look of the wheels and they are a huge pain in the @$$ to clean. I've been looking around and the Demon style wheels would look great on it. At least to me they would.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I do agree about the look of the wheels and they are a huge pain in the @$$ to clean. I've been looking around and the Demon style wheels would look great on it. At least to me they would.
Those Demon street wheels are really cool. Not sure how they would look/fit on a standard body.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
The Demon reproductions are normal widths and offsets, they do look good. Looks like Voxx are Matte Black only. FR has several different finishes

REPLICA: DEMON

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X20"+Demon+SRT+Style.TRS0&_nkw=20"+Demon+SRT+Style&_sacat=0

A Guy

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The Demon reproductions are normal widths and offsets, they do look good. Looks like Voxx are Matte Black only. FR has several different finishes

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X20"+Demon+SRT+Style.TRS0&_nkw=20"+Demon+SRT+Style&_sacat=0

A Guy
Too bad they're not offering the Demon street tire wheels like in my previous post. Those are the wheels I'd consider.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts

A Guy
FR only offers 20x9.5 and 20x10.5.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Since this will effect 2019 prices as well as the end of 2018, this may be valid to post here...

Anyone know what the "official" justification was for the 23% INCREASE on the Destination Charge to $1345 in March???
That seems like a hell of a jump considering oil is still trading in the same 60-65 range it has been for the last year.

When we bought my Wife's 300 oil jumped from $60+ to $120 & they made 2 DC price adj that didn't total $200 combined.
So what possible reason could they have for the March 2018 jump? (Diesel was over $5/g way back when... now its around $3)

We started looking to replace both cars & shipping goes up a ton... which on my personal dislike pet peeve list is right there with TAXES.
It's not that $250 breaks the bank... it the general :2232censored: principle of a 23% single jump...

Just curious what the official company line is on the subject... not that they actually could justify it, but be nice to hear them try.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
I posted about this a few days ago and joked that it was due to the cost of delivering 3,300 Demons by enclosed transport but seriously don't know and doubt that FCA would ever release the real reason to the public. I do find it curious that it appears to be Challenger only and Charger is not affected, not sure about Chrysler 300.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
It has to be a cost increase by the shipping companies. I can't see any other reason they would raise it.

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Costs go up, they pass that along where they feel they can. Whether shipping costs have gone up, they figured they could increase it there, because you have to pay it. A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I posted about this a few days ago and joked that it was due to the cost of delivering 3,300 Demons by enclosed transport but seriously don't know and doubt that FCA would ever release the real reason to the public. I do find it curious that it appears to be Challenger only and Charger is not affected, not sure about Chrysler 300.
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Actually it seems to be on everything that shipped out in March.
We were looking at new Chargers and that's where I 1st saw it, then started searching Challengers and saw that anything with a March date on the window sticker has the new higher price. Which I would consider valid(even a bargain) on a Demon shipping in an enclosed trailer... but 23% across the board is ridiculous. (Almost as ridiculous as the dealers who managed to order a Demon for dealer stock, and ordered it with the $5k sunroof option :notallthere: and $1500 Upgraded Leather seats)

Ok done ranting now...

On a positive note...
All the 2018 challengers and chargers we looked at this weekend had much better paint on them than either of our current cars.
I think '09-'10 were the low water mark for Chrysler "Orange peel"... both her 09 300c & my Mopar'10 came full of it.
But the '18 Scat Pack & T/A Challengers and Daytona Chargers we just looked at, all had surprisingly smooth paint jobs. :thumbsup:
It was a pleasant surprise, considering how piss poor the paint jobs were 8-9yrs ago.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
141 - 158 of 158 Posts
About this Discussion
157 Replies
80 Participants
pdx.challenger
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing