Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase a 2019 Chally Redeye back in January 2020. I have been having issue after issue with the drivers side floor at retention clip causing rips in the vehicles carpet.

This carpet has now been replaced twice and is going back in to have the both sides replaced.

The service manager has stated it is being caused by a design flaw. The floor mat retention clips are free floating and attached to the car’s carpet ONLY and nothing else. He has stated that the retention clip should have been mounted to the floor pan of the passenger compartment.

Personally, I’m just afraid that my foot, shoe, sneaker and/or laces thereof will get caught when I need to put the brakes into action.

The following is less than a week since secondary replacement.

My question is how many of you have this issue as well?

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
I always try to be careful while removing my floor mats (Weathertech) from the clips and not yank the floor mats out like a gorilla. No I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I noticed it on mine yesterday. Mine hasn't ripped yet but I only have 600 miles on mine. What tipped me off was that the mat clip was crooked so I took the mat out and tried to straighten it only to find that it is just floating and nothing I could do would make it straight again. Did the dealer give you hassle about replacing the carpet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Billet SXT Plus
100 Posts
Are you digging your heal into the mat when you get into the car, putting pressure on the mat, and forcing it toward the pedals, pulling on the retainer? Just a thought...
I also have not had an issue with mine, but pulled out my carpet mats in favor of OE all weather mats instead. They still connect to the same retainer, as not to slide around.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
752 Posts
Hmm, dont know hat you are doing. Ive never caught my shoe on those things in any car. Must be foot placement when driving or how you get in and out of the car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It looks like mine was crooked before I got it. It's only noticeable because I looked for it. I get into my car likes it's a glass slipper being very careful. The only reason I don't wAnt to change mats is bc mine at the 50th mats

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
One of mine is crooked as well. My basic warranty has expired so I'm SOL. I just try to be gentle with it when I'm taking mats out, and try not to look at it.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
Yes mine too but not noticeable.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
Any movement of the floor mats is causing it at least for me.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I just checked my Scat Pack and have the same two slits where the retention clips are. The passenger side doesn't have a slit. I have to say that after 5 years and 81k miles, the slit is just the size of the retention clip and hasn't ripped the carpet so I guess it'll be fine...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts