Dodge Challenger Forum banner

561 - 580 of 602 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just got back from dealer trying to order triple nickel, it was grayed out and unavailable. He had called earlier in the week saying it was showing availabie.

If anybody gets a triple nickel ordered, please share...the wait continues for me.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
I wonder if you try it now Racedawg, looks like Yellow Jacket is gone and that might be to make way for Triple Nickel.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wonder if you try it now Racedawg, looks like Yellow Jacket is gone and that might be to make way for Triple Nickel.

Thanks, the dodge site shows triple nickel now with a slash through it???

I will reach out to my local dealer to see.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts

I would wait to order a color until you actually see it. The dealer that has the Charger by me is saying with in the week. Firkins in Bradenton 34208 .I will go over and take pics when it gets there if you want.

·
Registered
87 Posts

I would wait to order a color until you actually see it. The dealer that has the Charger by me is saying with in the week. Firkins in Bradenton 34208 .I will go over and take pics when it gets there if you want.
I have seen pics on autotrader for charger and original press release for 2019’s, but that’s it. If you get a chance I am curious on your thoughts when seeing in person. Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Planning to order a PCP widebody in Jan. I hope I didn't wait too long and have to wait many months for delivery but I doubt they would have my options on the lot. I can not have a sun roof since I'm pretty tall and loosing 3" of headroom is not an option for me. I originally wanted a widebody with the shaker hood but you can't build it that way on the Dodge "build and price" websight. After reading this entire thread it also looks like they are dropping the shaker anyway. I guess I could swap the hood later if I really want it. After reading another thread about rock chips caused by the wider front tires I might consider buying some narrower "take off" rims and tires for the front from a normal width Challenger as long as the rim style is the same as the widebody 20x11's. I am already seeing used stock wheels sale.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Planning to order a PCP widebody in Jan. I hope I didn't wait too long and have to wait many months for delivery but I doubt they would have my options on the lot. I can not have a sun roof since I'm pretty tall and loosing 3" of headroom is not an option for me. I originally wanted a widebody with the shaker hood but you can't build it that way on the Dodge "build and price" websight. After reading this entire thread it also looks like they are dropping the shaker anyway. I guess I could swap the hood later if I really want it. After reading another thread about rock chips caused by the wider front tires I might consider buying some narrower "take off" rims and tires for the front from a normal width Challenger as long as the rim style is the same as the widebody 20x11's. I am already seeing used stock wheels sale.
Couple things you are misinformed about the sunroof is a inch and half lower then a regular roof.The shaker is not being drooped anytime soon so that is still a option for you. If you do go the wide body that pxg is the reason wider tires help the Challenger get around bends better and overall traction is improved. Do not put smaller wheels on it. That is just the wrong way to handle the stone chip issue.Good Luck whatever you decide on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I didn't measure the thickness of the sunroof but at the recent Motor Trend new car show here in Las Vegas, they only had sunroof cars to sit in and I did not fit. With the sunroof open it sure looked like 3" total thickness but even without it you still loose some headroom for the stock headliner, so probably 1 1/2" difference. No way to tell without pulling it. I went to a dealer after to test fit a non sunroof car and it was OK. I don't fit in the Mustang and the in the Camero the steering wheel blocked the gauges and could not go high enough to see them properly. I will most likely add the mud flaps and chip guard for chip protection since I am already doing that on my widebody Javelin that I am currently repainting. As far as I can tell you can't build a Challenger online with both the shaker and the widebody options so if so I will forgo the shaker. I could always add it later if I really want it. I don't like the factory price for the hood pins and the tower brace but will probably add them aftermarket later.

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
I've had both. My '10 R/TC had a sunroof, and my present '16 SP I ordered without one.

For me, a ton more headroom without it. I'm thinking a good 2" and maybe 3".

I liked what the sunroof offered, and used it all the time. That said, I'll take the extra headroom all day long.

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Triple Nickel

But still haven't seen it on Challenger

It will be interesting to park this next to any '08 - '10 in Brilliant Silver to see what this shade looks like.

Billet had a lot more black pigment vs. Brilliant and the contours in the body lines would show better. Brilliant Silver would almost look like white metallic in very bright sun

·
Registered
87 Posts
Triple Nickel

But still haven't seen it on Challenger

It will be interesting to park this next to any '08 - '10 in Brilliant Silver to see what this shade looks like.

Billet had a lot more black pigment vs. Brilliant and the contours in the body lines would show better. Brilliant Silver would almost look like white metallic in very bright sun
Thanks Slidd for sharing those pics, they look better than most on dealer sites! I think it will contrast well with the black wheels, spoiler, etc.

Now to be patient...there’s a triple nickel charger with almost same options I want that’s listed at $5k off msrp a few hours away.🤔

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Still no Challengers but here's a delivered Charger, the owner said it almost looked white at night.

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Almost looks white in daylight in that picture

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts

A Guy
Very much like a white metallic w/o the opalescent color like Ivory White Pearl.

the old Brilliant Silver was similar where it would look almost white in bright conditions. IMO, it washed out the lines and contours in the body.

I liked Billet Silver better as the darker pigments gave more shading and would show the curves and lines better.

Silver colors aren't a large seller in these models, yet here's another version

·
Registered
87 Posts

A Guy
Very much like a white metallic w/o the opalescent color like Ivory White Pearl.

the old Brilliant Silver was similar where it would look almost white in bright conditions. IMO, it washed out the lines and contours in the body.

I liked Billet Silver better as the darker pigments gave more shading and would show the curves and lines better.

Silver colors aren't a large seller in these models, yet here's another version
I billet too, but’s it not an option for 2019, I like a shade of silver or lighter gray, so triple nickel is my favorite 2019 color available. A couple just showed up on autotrader probably in transit, so maybe they will show up soon...

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Looks like the Destination Charge has gone up another 100 bucks, now $1,495.

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Its the not the Destination, It's the journey...

A Guy

561 - 580 of 602 Posts
About this Discussion
601 Replies
86 Participants
Melvin
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing