Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to this thread thing but can’t seem to find answers anywhere else. Ive had my 2019 Dodge Challenger GT for acouple months now (since early April) drive it like normal , no crazy speeds/drifting etc. Since July it’s been acting up as far as shifting from park to drive with a sudden “jolt” “jerking” sound. Took it in numerous times only to find out it needed a new trans. New one went in but still experiencing the same issue. Dealer said it’s just part of the car which I don’t accept. New cars shouldn’t neeed a brand new transmission. Any thoughts? Already filed lemon law

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) They swapped a transmission, and are now saying it's normal? You don't install a new transmission if you don't think it's an issue. It's not like "Well, we think it's normal, but to make sure you're happy, we'll change the transmission just to confirm..."

I'd suggest a 2nd dealer, but I don't know they won't just check the history and say transmission made no difference, so it must be normal. I'd get @DodgeCares to look into it for you. They might no be able to do anything for you, but it couldn't hurt your case

A Guy

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So it only jolts from park to drive? Have they checked engine mounts? I was also suspecting the transfer case as it uses a clutch assembly to engage the front axle. Had a thunk on my JGC which has a similar setup and there was a TSB for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
ChallyTatum
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing