Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, This my first ever post. Does anyone know what make and/or model number of a locking fuel gas cap that will work on a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack??
Thanks, Tracy

·
Premium Member
10,007 Posts
Check out the link listed below:

- Alexis

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks like the locking gas cap doesn't have a place to reattach the tether which I find to be handy. On my other cars that don't have a place to store the cap while re-fueling, I usually put the gas cap in my pocket so I don't inadvertently forget to put it back on.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
true no tether.....maybe a piece of mind it's locked?
I don't have a problem around town just traveling out of state with my Cat doing a stay over at a hotel.
Just me.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Um I think you will find the tether is so you can hang it off the hook on the cover so it hangs clear of the car so it doesn't come in contact with your paint & bodywork.

·
Registered
472 Posts
68030940AA

Includes the tether. I've had this on my 2014 for six years. Fits perfectly, never a problem, and I even had the lock cylinder cut to use the Key Fob emergency key.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Correct, but it absolutely does fit without any modifications. FYI, I've noticed the lists aren't always all-inclusive of the full scope of applications.

·
Super Moderator
13,590 Posts
Be careful about these locking gas caps. I purchased a Stant and it made the PCM throw an EVAP emissions code, P0457.

Also, if you buy one, remember to reinstall the original gas cap for your State Motor Vehicle test.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Looks like the locking gas cap doesn't have a place to reattach the tether which I find to be handy. On my other cars that don't have a place to store the cap while re-fueling, I usually put the gas cap in my pocket so I don't inadvertently forget to put it back on.
You can drill a 1/4" hole in the raised part of the cap and reattach the tether. Does not affect the sealing of the cap.

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah, I was aware of 68030940AA, but was not leaning that way:

1) I gotta pay dealer to set up the keys (right ? probably $50 just for that, plus $43 for the cap)
2) Not certain if fits my 2010 RT (though people report that it works for more recent years)
3) I was gonna take the advice of drilling into the cap and connecting my existing tether as some have reported (admittedly a $23 gamble)

Regardless, for those who have the 5278655AB, any issues ?

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts