Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I’m a noob. I did a mid muffler delete the first week I got my car, 2019 Challenger r/t 5.7 6 speed manual, and it was cool for about a day or 2 but it’s too raspy. So I’m trying to order a catback and actually ordered the Borla ATAK 140628 off amazon and asked if it fits my car to get a response that it’s 2.5 inch so it doesn’t and the active exhaust doesn’t work on it. I canceled it within the hour and got my money back before it’s been shipped. The Borla site says that product number does fit though but says NOTHING about the active exhaust? And amazon says it doesn’t which makes sense because I’m pretty sure the stock exhaust is 2.75 inch? So can someone just hook me up with a link or product number of the exact exhaust I need for either Borla or Corsa or ANYTHING else that is badass but better than a crap mid muffler delete that makes ur car sound like a pos because it has no muffler lol(idk what I was thinking, YouTube hyped it way up)...I got $1500 bucks to spend on it right now. I’ve went up and down on the Borla site and I cannot figure out which one I need...I’m almost ready to just have the stock muffler re welded back on. Please help! I want this thing so I can install it by next weekend. I also am not sure if I am able to get a mds valve included exhaust or do I need a non mds valve exhaust because my car is manual...i know it doesn’t have that 4 cylinder shut off thing. I need help and am completely lost lol I spend all day looking at parts and never know 100% If I’m getting the correct part and the best for my money...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) If you want to retain the Active Exhaust Valves (they work just like stock), you want 140714 . if you want to have the valves always open, you want the 140716

The 140628 is for 2015-2016 that came with no AEV and were 2.5"

You have a 2.75" exhaust

A Guy

Reactions: ogamus

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) If you want to retain the Active Exhaust Valves (they work just like stock), you want 140714 . if you want to have the valves always open, you want the 140716

The 140628 is for 2015-2016 that came with no AEV and were 2.5"

You have a 2.75" exhaust

A Guy
Looked up 140714 because I want to retain active exhaust says it comes with mds valves. Do the MDS valves matter? Pretty sure my car doesn’t have them because it’s a manual trans? Will this still install fine?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
If you read a bit here, you'll see that Borla is crazy calling them MDS valves, it has zero to do with MDS, they are talking about AEV Active Exhaust Valves. If you want your AEV to work like stock, the 140714 is the correct exhaust

A Guy

Reactions: ogamus

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,046 Posts
Also note, while yes, part of your exhaust is indeed 2.75", from the exhaust manifold to the cat and to the mids, it's actually 2.5", it's only the mids to the tips- 2.75". I know, I measured my 2019 R/T.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dynomax race bullets in place of the piping you used when you deleted the mufflers. Should only cost you $100-$150. No way would I spend $1500 on a catback when you already have A/E.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to update. 140714 Borla ATAK was a perfect fit for my 2019 CHALLENGER RT! Active exhaust still works fine, no error lights. Compared to mid muffler delete, it is much better. Cleaner sounding but still can get loud as hell. Not as raspy and cheap sounding as mid muffler delete. So far I haven’t noticed any drone. I am in love with it. 1487.69 for the Borla ATAK and $200 for install at Mikes performance exhaust in LA. $1700 bucks well spent for me. Love the sound, can’t stress enough how much better it sounds than muffler delete. I also feel like it drives better and for some reason down shifting seems smoother idk how, so perhaps it’s placebo.

THANKS A Guy for giving me the correct part number.

Next up intake, throttle body, then tune.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
(y)

A Guy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts