Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I placed an order for a new build. Tradin gin my 2016 Challenger R/T w/ STP .

2019 Challenger R/T
-pitch black
-black leather seats
-Driver conv. grp
-Alpine sound grp (SGII)
-Shaker package
-Performance handling grp.
-Plus Package
-compact spare tire
-Sunroof

Couple things:

This build wouldn't allow the plus package and perf. handlign grp. to be added together so the sales mgr called FCA to make it happen. I really wanted the plus package because its pretty much the only way to get leather seats and the 8.4 uconnect. (not sure y they have 7inch system now:|.

I am really happy that the A8 has the option of the perf. handling grp cause now we finally have anti slip as possibility for the A8!! My current build sheet for my 2016 challenger RT STP shows anti slip diff. as a standard feature..but when you check optional features, it shows convention diff. BECAUSE i chose A8. The window sticker can be very misleading.

They now charge $295 for a compact spar tire! Ridiculous!

Ordered the car on Nov. 16th and was told last night by SRT customer serv. that it is in BX status! Hopefully it reaches D1 by tommorow!

The car is coming to a Toronto area dealership so I hope i get it by mid-december.:grin2:

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
I don't see any conflict on the order guide in getting Performance Handling Group and Plus Package together so not sure what the issue was. I'm sure a lot will be built this way.

Your seats will be Nappa trimmed but mainly Alcantara, no more full leather seats on R/T.

That must be some super new spare that will clear the Brembos, never could get a spare before with them. I'd like to see a picture when you get it.

And stripes are optional on Shaker now, don't know if you wanted them or not.

Good luck on the build , hopefully they can get it out before the Christmas break.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see any conflict on the order guide in getting Performance Handling Group and Plus Package together so not sure what the issue was. I'm sure a lot will be built this way.

Your seats will be Nappa trimmed but mainly Alcantara, no more full leather seats on R/T.

That must be some super new spare that will clear the Brembos, never could get a spare before with them. I'd like to see a picture when you get it.

And stripes are optional on Shaker now, don't know if you wanted them or not.

Good luck on the build , hopefully they can get it out before the Christmas break.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
For some reason, for us Canadians on dodge.ca, we can not add perf. handling grp. with plus package,. But you guys in the US CAN add those two! More American privilege LOL:wiggle:

Very disappointed about the leather. The leather in my 2016 RT in BEAUTIFUL!

I also couldn't add cold weather group asI wanted that 180amp alternator. I will buy it separately and have it installed I guess. I drive mine in all conditions. Heavy snow, monsoons etc... lol. Got my Mopar winter cop car rims with dunlops..handles heavy snow beautifully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you taken delivery on your vehicle yet? I have a 5.7L/ZF8 too and my lease is coming up in a few months and the Performance Package really caught my attention as addressing the primary issue that really holds this car back. Curious to hear your thoughts on the vehicle once you take delivery.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,531 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride, hopefully it came in by now or you get it soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on the 2019, sounds like my car! i also have a pitch black 2019 M6 R/T Shaker Plus. But mine does have the performance handling group and the 8.4 Nav. as yours does but I bought mine off the lot. My build date was June 2019 so maybe later in the build year they made it std. with a fully loaded car OR my dealer may have done what your dealer did and be sure it was included. Also mines a manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts