Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all, my first forum thread!

I was recently looking over some different modifications I could afford and I haven’t seen too many, if not any, cams for the 5.7. Is there a reason for this?

If there are cams available for the 2019 Challenger R/T? I’m hoping the Mopar gang can help me out, unless you have other suggestions for power gains that are better for the budget.

Picture of my Challenger below.

34CB7817-A37F-441A-B46D-88990E40AFD1.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
there's a number of choices out there - Comp Cams, Modern Muscle Extreme. The pitfall to avoid is going with too much cam - look at the effective rpm range the maker recommends and that guide which direction to go.

for example there's the "274" Comp cam - its operating range is 3k - 7k rpm which isn't suited for a primarily street driven vehicle plus not recommended for a 5.7. its intended for larger displacement engines.

more is not always better is the watch word. Many of them, for A8 applications are going to require non-MDS lifters if you have the A8...add in the labor and parts, and it can add up.

that being said making the 5.7 breathe better - cam and good tuning will really wake up the 5.7

1 - 3 of 3 Posts