Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im looking at buying a new Challenger R/T i can get one without a Shaker for 3k less than one with. So im just curious what is the reason for them? Is it just looks? is it worth the extra 3k? I do like the look of them but im unsure which direction to go. R/T shaker = 44K CAD, R/T no shaker = 41K CAD...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mostly looks as far as I know. There is no performance difference.

If you like the look and can comfortably add in 3k CAD then go for it. I don't see many shakers on the road so it has that uniqueness to it too.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Dam it lol, i want to justify getting the more expensive one so bad!
It does like stated, have a uniqueness to it. It does torque to one side when the pedal is pressed, so you do get a little action to it. Plus it will sound a little bit throatier with a more open exhaust than your standard closed intake. But like stated, there is no performance difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Hi, im looking at buying a new Challenger R/T i can get one without a Shaker for 3k less than one with. So im just curious what is the reason for them? Is it just looks? is it worth the extra 3k? I do like the look of them but im unsure which direction to go. R/T shaker = 44K CAD, R/T no shaker = 41K CAD...
Not much for performance gains...however it does help with heat soak at the strip.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
302 Posts
Get the shaker and don’t look back. You won’t regret it. I might be biased though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does like stated, have a uniqueness to it. It does torque to one side when the pedal is pressed, so you do get a little action to it. Plus it will sound a little bit throatier with a more open exhaust than your standard closed intake. But like stated, there is no performance difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yea im gonna go for it, cant go wrong...

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
the other thing is that a shaker hood has no blanket & at least in my '09 it had a hood blanket. so if you like engine noise their should be more. the uniqueness & 70's style got me & it's a good amount of $$ but to me the look is just plain meaner, but i'm very biased. just have to careful with it as will scratch easily.

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Shaker option (code AZS) is $2500 option if that makes you feel better. The other $500 is something else. Somewhere on a train is my 2019 Challenger R/T Shaker, B5 blue, 6 speed with 20" X 9" black forged wheels. I hated the R/T hood so much I was going to buy a SXT hood and put it on. Easier to just check the "Shaker" box.☺

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Shaker option (code AZS) is $2500 option if that makes you feel better. The other $500 is something else. Somewhere on a train is my 2019 Challenger R/T Shaker, B5 blue, 6 speed with 20" X 9" black forged wheels. I hated the R/T hood so much I was going to buy a SXT hood and put it on. Easier to just check the "Shaker" box.☺
Yea it comes with a few other accenting things, I actually work for dodge so I get everything at cost but for the purpose of posting here I wanted to see if people thought it’s worth the 3000$ package haha and I decided with everyone’s help it is and I am gonna get it. Photo attached

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
The Shaker helps prevent global warming...

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,493 Posts
The SHAKER looks good from any angle, but the one that sells it is the view out the windshield looking over it. Especially if you are a taller person. I tried to capture it in a picture, but I can't really get the right perspective. (This was on the test drive when I bought it)

·
Premium Member
10,055 Posts
Or put the money in an annuity and never look back. Better the money is in your pocket, that rainy eventually DOES come around. Nothing is more comforting than money in the bank, for whatever reason to some, not all, looking cool matters more. Do as you wish, enjoy the car.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,279 Posts
I love the look of the shaker...but since I wrench on the car a lot I can see it getting in the way. That is the weak excuse I tell myself to help me sleep at night. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts