Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I recently just purchased my R/T last Saturday morning and noticed that there were no fog lights. However, it had the holes for fog lights but nothing inside. Are fog lights not standard for the base R/T or only R/T Plus versions?

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Should have them, what's the 8th character of your VIN?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it was used but the carfax and other reports from the dealership stated it had fog lights.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
They are standard on R/T so somewhere along the way I guess something happened, can't imagine someone removing them. What does the dealer say?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They are standard on R/T so somewhere along the way I guess something happened, can't imagine someone removing them. What does the dealer say?

I called and left a voice mail, waiting for a response.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
975 Posts
Does the headlamp switch indicate it has the fog light option @GhostXCaliber ?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pack. 6 speed manual.
226 Posts
The switch doesn't matter as it could have been changed by the po. Demand the foglights

·
Registered
975 Posts
The switch doesn't matter as it could have been changed by the po. Demand the foglights
Why would the switch NOT matter? At least a switch w/the fog light option would tend to indicate that the car was originally built with fog lights.

Worst case scenario......the car was perhaps wrecked and they simply weren’t replaced when the front fascia was replaced.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pack. 6 speed manual.
226 Posts
Why would the switch NOT matter? At least a switch w/the fog light option would tend to indicate that the car was originally built with fog lights.

Worst case scenario......the car was perhaps wrecked and they simply weren’t replaced when the front fascia was replaced.
What I meant was that even if the switch does not have the fog light option, it means that the switch was changed. In any case, he needs to insist on getting them because the car was originally equipped with them. It's academic anyway as the OP indicates that the car has the foglights option on the switch.

·
Registered
975 Posts
What I meant was that even if the switch does not have the fog light option, it means that the switch was changed. In any case, he needs to insist on getting them because the car was originally equipped with them. It's academic anyway as the OP indicates that the car has the foglights option on the switch.
Too early to start demanding fog lights from FCA.....

Since the OP replied back stating it was indeed equipped with a fog light switch, that is a plus in his favor.

The facts of the matter are.....is this a “mis-build” or was it possibly involved in a light frontal crash and the fascia was replaced and the fog lights were not?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited by Moderator)

To indicate both statements,

Yes, the fog light switch is there, but the car was never in an accident and was a strictly rental car for a year and a few months. It also came with a carfax and was Dodge certified as never being in an accident.

I have noticed some Challengers, especially the newer ones, some have the fog lights and some don’t. I’m not too mad they aren’t there, but I was beyond confused when I checked one night while driving. I can also get them added but I have sent an email to the dealership about it.

I also sent them an email about the fact they told me they’d buff out and handle any scratches or scuffs in the paint and they didn’t.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If anyone has expertise on clear coat scuffs and such, feel free to help a brother out.

·
Registered
975 Posts

yes, the fog light switch is there, but the car was never in an accident and was a strictly rental car for a year and a few months. It also came with a carfax and was Dodge certified as never being in an accident.

I have noticed some challengers especially the newer ones some have the fog lights and some don’t. I’m not too mad they aren’t there, but I was beyond confused when I checked one night while driving. I can also get them added but I have sent an email to the dealership about it.

I also sent them an email about the fact they told me they’d buff out and handle any scratches or scuffs in the paint and they didn’t.
Run your VIN here and see what it says on the monroney and the build sheet.

Lots of car rental companies are self-insured, and may repair on their own dime as opposed to filing a claim with their insurance company. Unfortunately.....lots of rental cars do get an occasional bump or bruise on them during their rental period.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Run your VIN here and see what it says on the monroney and the build sheet.

Lots of car rental companies are self-insured, and may repair on their own dime as opposed to filing a claim with their insurance company. Unfortunately.....lots of rental cars do get an occasional bump or bruise on them during their rental period.
Other than the fog lights, there’s a 4x4inch clear coat scuff on the driver side rear fender and it’s only noticeable if eye level. Other than so, she’s got a clean engine bay, everything runs and sounds great, brand new tires, rotors, and brakes.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts

yes, the fog light switch is there, but the car was never in an accident and was a strictly rental car for a year and a few months. It also came with a carfax and was Dodge certified as never being in an accident.

I have noticed some challengers especially the newer ones some have the fog lights and some don’t.
ALL R/T's have fog lights, even rental R/T's, the only Challengers you'll see without fog lights is the base SXT.

Click on this and run your build sheet. If the fog lights are on it then your car left Brampton with them.

COMPLETE VIN

ALL CAPS

·
Registered
953 Posts
Carfax and dealer certification doesn't mean jack squat. Your car likely had lower damage to the front cover including one or both fog lights. During the "reconditioning" after being a rental car the cover was like repaired/replaced and the fogs were left out by mistake (or more likely they were left out to reduce the repair cost).

I would actually take it to a good, independent collision shop and have them look it over.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Carfax and dealer certification doesn't mean jack squat. Your car likely had lower damage to the front cover including one or both fog lights. During the "reconditioning" after being a rental car the cover was like repaired/replaced and the fogs were left out by mistake (or more likely they were left out to reduce the repair cost).

I would actually take it to a good, independent collision shop and have them look it over.
I have to have it inspected and looked out per PA motor vehicle laws anyway because it was bought it New Jersey.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts