2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dunno, I think I like the original Hellcat hood more... This one lacks a certain aggressive definition, it's just a bit muted. It's not bad just a little understated when see the opposite spectrum with the Demon hood.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I thought the original Hellcat hood had vents to let heat out or relieve air pressure under the hood while driving. I don't see vents on this hood....so were the originals a gimmick or?

·
Registered
953 Posts
The hood looks better now that I have seen it on a car instead of the teaser pics I had seen before, but it still looks Pontiac-ish to me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Call me crazy but i don't feel the Demon hood, i think it's super ugly and don't complement the car at all . The current gen Hellcat hood looks a lot better than this dual hood design. I'm not into nostrills in the hood, so i think it looks overdone, factory could do a lot better leaving the current hood alone, and slapping 11" wheels in the back with 315 tires and 10" in the front with 295 tires, for a change

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Call me crazy but i don't feel the Demon hood, i think it's super ugly and don't complement the car at all . The current gen Hellcat hood looks a lot better than this dual hood design. I'm not into nostrills in the hood, so i think it looks overdone, factory could do a lot better leaving the current hood alone, and slapping 11" wheels in the back with 315 tires and 10" in the front with 295 tires, for a change
Not crazy at all. I don't happen to agree with you......but all styling is subjective......from the universally LOVED looks....to even the really horrible stuff most people agree is TERRIBLE.

If this is the new design hood? It's not what I would have done if it were up to me but it's far from the worst I've seen and I expect it'll have some fans. I just won't be one of them.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I liked the original Hellcat hood myself, but these cars have to have tweaks to them over time. I'm sure I'll learn to like the new hood too.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Well, it seems Dodge keeps softening up the lines on the car since 2015. Soon this thing is going to look like a potato. Sad when you have aftermarket making better looking hoods than the factory. Head People at Dodge Design should be getting fired.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I like the green. I haven't been keeping up with the latest colors but I'm guessing that's F8 Green.

I keep vehicles until they are unrepairable but if someone was to give me one of these free of charge, I'll make an exception and sell my Green with Envy :smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts