Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into my car after it was running perfectly fine. I tried to remotely start it but it just gave me one beep. When I got in the breaks were locked and when I pushed the start button nothing happened/nothing turned on. My lights turn on and the dash just shows the push start display. Tried putting it into neutral but it wouldn’t move. Thought battery was dead so I just started it but still nothing. Anyone know what this might be and how to fix it?

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,423 Posts
Most likely battery is down on proper volts. Car may still have enough batt volts to operate some lights, horn, etc but not enough to actually turn the motor over. Start with the battery..its the most common problem.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Also make sure you're pressing the brake pedal hard enough, not kidding lol...honest to god I've seen vehs towed to dealers because booster vacuum bled down resulting in a hard pedal and the driver then didn't press the pedal hard enough to trigger the brake switch! Other than that check battery connections. If that doesn't help get it to a dealer.

·
Premium Member
10,542 Posts
Also make sure you're pressing the brake pedal hard enough, not kidding lol...honest to god I've seen vehs towed to dealers because booster vacuum bled down resulting in a hard pedal and the driver then didn't press the pedal hard enough to trigger the brake switch! Other than that check battery connections. If that doesn't help get it to a dealer.
My daughters car does that occasionally.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,209 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got into my car after it was running perfectly fine. I tried to remotely start it but it just gave me one beep. When I got in the breaks were locked and when I pushed the start button nothing happened/nothing turned on. My lights turn on and the dash just shows the push start display. Tried putting it into neutral but it wouldn’t move. Thought battery was dead so I just started it but still nothing. Anyone know what this might be and how to fix it?
wow just happened at the shell station. for 1 embarrassing. kept sayn defective key fob. but I had just bought one about 2months b4 at the dodge dealership. yep other lights came on. even battery was brand new. took key out of fob, nope not happening. thought auto start would do the trick yeah it started... um forgot when you take it out of park , it shuts down. so a few #=*%!!##×× words and 20 minute's later i tried again this time with fob in tact and it came back to life. I read replys... my brake petal is pretty stiff . I mean it has started regardless...but one reply said low on things . never low on the petro but that night was having issues with tire pressure and the tire light was on. got a new pressure value. had had tires sealed.. days before.. but light won't go off.. so im thinking cuz the 2012 2011 have electrical issues.. more than other years of make is what repairers app said. then left blinker fuse went bad . the tire pressure light the fob key defect my heater in my drivers seat was overly hot, it burned my back a little and my blinker light all had happen 1 rite after the other. electrical glitch and or theft protection features that I am not educated on hows come it kicked in to that mode deal is pry the issue

ok good luck hun.

·
Premium Member
10,542 Posts
Post was 1 day ago? How is that left hanging?

A Guy
If she read the suggestion of pressing the pedal harder and tried it, we could have got a yes it worked or a no and thanks for trying to help any chance you have more suggestions.
It was now two days ago, she made one post looking for help and like many who join a forum trying to get help, most likely won’t be back.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,209 Posts
Eventually it would be true, but to say it after one day wasn't. But yes, it's very common. People also do get suggestions that work and never report back. To some, a forum is a strange thing. If you belong to a help forum, it's one of the major things people dislike, never hearing back if it helped

A Guy

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,959 Posts
Seems to be many 1 to 2 posters and gone ... Odd when I posted I was looking for a USED OEM SRT Spoiler I got one new person seconds later saying oh I got one, and another sent me an IM on here saying contact their friend who is not on here etc., Uh yeah right!!! Weirdness, gotta love Technology.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey. didn't mean to leave ya hanging. maybe your weren't even meaning me
but sometimes these back and forth forums get mixed up on who may or maynot know who or if they even want the person in distress to bother the people answering all questions. cause to many times I've dealt with people um.ok mechanics telling me I checked that its sound, or I get new fn brakes and the mothers are singing and screaming a furlong or so b4 a stop sign . very embarrassing. I could go on but what's the use.. mechanic sees my pull in they lose their enthusiasm. ya know what i.mean. I kinda feel.like they should at least trouble shoot it. I mean that's why I pay them. I got more information on this site then having my car sit 2 or more days at the mechanics. maybe it's because we are friends. I dont want to think that. but when something goes wrong with my 2011 Dodge Challenger (the only car i will ever have again cuz I absolutely LOVEMYCAR. )I would like to bring it home with some answers or fixed. its very frustrating. or he will say I wouldn't worry about Sandy. its not going fall off or not start. ummm welll yeah sometimes it don't start. I give up.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,717 Posts
I am interested, but honestly, I can't be arsed to try to read that.

Reactions: GSBrockman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts