Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat is currently testing outside SRT’s headquarters.

This is the first time spy photographers have caught the facelifted Charger Hellcat, which will get a new grille, front fascia, and hood for the 2019 model year. Overall however, expect it to look fairly similar to the existing model, especially given that most of the camouflage is up front. There could also be some minor performance upgrades, but horsepower shouldn’t change since 707 is the number associated with Hellcat models.

Dodge will also likely give the facelifted Charger new driver assistance technologies in the name of enhancing safety.
Read more about the 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Spied Testing for the First Time at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ho hum. Fast ugly car. Are people really buying Hellcat sedans and SUVs? I guess if you make a pile of noise and smoke, nobody will notice what a boring car your driving. RAM's going to put a Hellcat motor in a 1500 pickup truck. I guess if you need to get a load of mulch from the home-improvement store REALLY FAST, you can justify that.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Ho hum. Fast ugly car. Are people really buying Hellcat sedans and SUVs? I guess if you make a pile of noise and smoke, nobody will notice what a boring car your driving. RAM's going to put a Hellcat motor in a 1500 pickup truck. I guess if you need to get a load of mulch from the home-improvement store REALLY FAST, you can justify that.
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I've been hating on the Charger ever since they soiled the bed on the Charger legacy with this 4-door family sedan in 2006. Even for a run-of-the-mill grocery getter, the design was uninspired, and blaspheming the Charger name was just an insult on top. Then they slap a bunch of retro-inspired decals on it and stuff HEMI engines in it and try to pass it off as a "Muscle Car", when all it really is, is a 300 with some stickers, funky sheet metal and plastic, and big engines.

If they wanted a link to the past, they should have just called it a Monaco or Polara and offered it with a V-6 and a small V-8, and had a reasonable family sedan offering, not this franken-car that they have now.

You can't put 707 HP in a turd and call it a race car. It's just a really fast turd.

And when you put 707 HP on an tired looking SUV, you have a really fast AWD turd.

And I still don't know what they're going to do with 707+ HP in a RAM pick-up. Maybe get some bales of hay from the field to the barn in record time? Or beat everyone to the Kenny Chesney concert?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been hating on the Charger ever since they soiled the bed on the Charger legacy with this 4-door family sedan in 2006. Even for a run-of-the-mill grocery getter, the design was uninspired, and blaspheming the Charger name was just an insult on top. Then they slap a bunch of retro-inspired decals on it and stuff HEMI engines in it and try to pass it off as a "Muscle Car", when all it really is, is a 300 with some stickers, funky sheet metal and plastic, and big engines.

If they wanted a link to the past, they should have just called it a Monaco or Polara and offered it with a V-6 and a small V-8, and had a reasonable family sedan offering, not this franken-car that they have now.

You can't put 707 HP in a turd and call it a race car. It's just a really fast turd.

And when you put 707 HP on an tired looking SUV, you have a really fast AWD turd.

And I still don't know what they're going to do with 707+ HP in a RAM pick-up. Maybe get some bales of hay from the field to the barn in record time? Or beat everyone to the Kenny Chesney concert?

If the sell who cares? I get it they are not for you but whats the point of all the bitterness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
If the sell who cares? I get it they are not for you but whats the point of all the bitterness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what he is saying. The Charger name has been drug through the mud in 1975-1978, 1981-1987 and then again in 2006. For some of us this nameplate carries as much weight as o' say... Corvette.

Funny, I wrote them a strongly worded e-mail when it first came out and suggested they call it Polara or Monaco as well!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's the best looking 4 door car on the market. But hey, haters gotta hate.
I love the Charger and it was my first choice before the insurance told me it would be $700 more vs the Challenger
BUT have you seen an Aston Martin Rapide?
If we're talking about attainable for most people then yes it's up there.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say : A Hellcat powered Ram sounds pretty ****ing awesome.
NOPE!! No thanks I've got the Ram I liked bets already and it's gas mileage is already pretty bad. 700HP wouldn't help the issue and it wouldn't likely be a very good engine for doing what trucks are supposed to do. Carry stuff and haul stuff.

The 5.7 is the perfect size and 395HP is plenty to get all the jobs done. 14902698_10207682670206413_5991848088560235515_o.jpg

Although for a quick 30 mile ride from my local Fed Ex it did have an extra 450HP+ on board.
20170927_152753.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
NOPE!! No thanks I've got the Ram I liked bets already and it's gas mileage is already pretty bad. 700HP wouldn't help the issue and it wouldn't likely be a very good engine for doing what trucks are supposed to do. Carry stuff and haul stuff.

The 5.7 is the perfect size and 395HP is plenty to get all the jobs done. View attachment 912610

Although for a quick 30 mile ride from my local Fed Ex it did have an extra 450HP+ on board.
View attachment 912618

Some people just like jamming high horsepower engines in to unlikely vehicles. Prime examples are the Ram SRT-10 (I still want one even though I know it's totally impractical) and the F150 Lightning. >:)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

The 5.7 is the perfect size and 395HP is plenty to get all the jobs done. View attachment 912610

View attachment 912618
395 hp might get the job done, but think of how much faster 707 hp would get the job done... Or just burn a lot of rubber and gas. Either way, you're smiling.

·
Registered
452 Posts
We should be glad the M-Benz brought the Charger back, the way it currently is now 4-doors, RWD, Big, and V8.

Otherwise, the last memory of the Dodge Charger would be this:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts