Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent seen one yet, except on line, was surprised they moved up quite a bit in price compared to my 2017 I bought new, also noticed what was standard equipment on mine , I only have the 21 B, Driver convenience group, now it seems most of that standard stuff is options. ???

Just wondering what you guys with the 19"s GT think of them...….

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've notice that too. I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact you can order one RWD. With the new hood the 2017 and 2019 seem radically different.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered a 2019 GT AWD & have had one for about a month now. I absolutely love it - it's quite an upgrade from my 2002 Accord and draws plenty of attention.

I got the Blacktop, driver's convenience, and plus package, Maximum Steel color. I'm not sure what was standard for the 2017s but I couldn't imagine driving this car without at least the Driver's convenience for the blind spot indicators. The updated hood makes it stand out quite a bit over other challengers on the road & the front spoiler that came standard for this year on the GT is pretty sick too. The alcantara seats which come with the plus package are probably the most comfy I've ever sat in.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
MadRyan: were there enough changes in the 19 compared to 18 models that you went for the 19? There are still plenty of 18s on the lots around here in NH. Just curious.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MadRyan: were there enough changes in the 19 compared to 18 models that you went for the 19? There are still plenty of 18s on the lots around here in NH. Just curious.

The updated look was a big one for me. The '19 hood looks a lot better to me and I love the large front splitter. One other thing to note is that the base price of the '19 GT AWD is actually about $1000 lower than the '18s, and the SXT AWD is about $4000 cheaper. From my understanding the reasoning behind that is due to the options they made available, but in the end I paid about the same for a '19 as I would have for an '18. I just graduated this year and got a job in the auto industry, so I got a pretty nice discount to help make this car affordable for me!

But honestly, the biggest reason I got the '19 over the '18 is because I could not find any '18s within 500 miles of me that had exactly what I wanted. I wanted the Max Steel color because it was by far my favorite, and of course that's the lowest produced! & I needed the blacktop package and drivers convenience at minimum. I talked to a dealer pretty far away about one I found and they literally were charging an extra $3k because it's a "rare" color.

In the end I'd be plenty happy with either though! I've wanted a challenger since I was like 13 so it's been insane to finally have one

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a 2019 GT AWD & have had one for about a month now. I absolutely love it - it's quite an upgrade from my 2002 Accord and draws plenty of attention.

I got the Blacktop, driver's convenience, and plus package, Maximum Steel color. I'm not sure what was standard for the 2017s but I couldn't imagine driving this car without at least the Driver's convenience for the blind spot indicators. The updated hood makes it stand out quite a bit over other challengers on the road & the front spoiler that came standard for this year on the GT is pretty sick too. The alcantara seats which come with the plus package are probably the most comfy I've ever sat in.
Mad, great looking car there, im liking that hood, but im liking the shaker more. .lol..my 17 had the driver convenience package, so I got the blind spot and rear cross deal, I would like that again...…………..but my heated/vent seats & heated steering wheel was standard.

Im gonna try to save a few bucks and just get the rear spoiler painted, that's about the only thing I like about the blackout pack, I already have the black gas cap on mine now.

Im gonna keep waiting until the price drops some.

Rich

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mad, great looking car there, im liking that hood, but im liking the shaker more. .lol..my 17 had the driver convenience package, so I got the blind spot and rear cross deal, I would like that again...…………..but my heated/vent seats & heated steering wheel was standard.

Im gonna try to save a few bucks and just get the rear spoiler painted, that's about the only thing I like about the blackout pack, I already have the black gas cap on mine now.

Im gonna keep waiting until the price drops some.

Rich

True except the shaker doesn't come on GT's, so if you want that you're looking more in the $50k+ new range! AWD was a necessity for me. I live in northern Michigan and couldn't justify paying an extra $10-20k for a Scat (even though it would be sick).

& that's a good idea! I don't like the silver grille on most challengers, but that can be plasti-dipped black pretty cheap from what I hear. I'm going to tint my reflectors this week, and in the spring I'll tint the windows too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True except the shaker doesn't come on GT's, so if you want that you're looking more in the $50k+ new range! AWD was a necessity for me. I live in northern Michigan and couldn't justify paying an extra $10-20k for a Scat (even though it would be sick).

I hear ya there brother, that $10k extra is the major drawback, would be nice if they did come out with one for the GT though, im going on my second winter now with the GT, loving it.

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

I hear ya there brother, that $10k extra is the major drawback, would be nice if they did come out with one for the GT though, im going on my second winter now with the GT, loving it.

Rich
I'm sure glad all you awd guys are enjoying your cars!!! Nice to know... I WANT ONE TOO!!!!!!

I'm gonna lose my license and car the way I drive. Too watch and pay for it half the year has got old. SAD! One more year....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went from a 2010 (standard) to a 2019 (gt) challenger.
Has some great upgrades. Crisp stereo sound with some bass, a lot of lights (ground/splash lights, floor lights, cup holder lights in door, etc), better & meatier grill, bigger tires & rims, alittle bit of an exhaust, bucket seats, longer & wider car, doors heavily reinforced/better crash rating, etc... It has a lot!
Though, it seems like price went up on all models in general... It kindof seems worth it (but still a shocker though).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Looks great (y)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Has some great upgrades. Crisp stereo sound with some bass, a lot of lights (ground/splash lights, floor lights, cup holder lights in door, etc), better & meatier grill, bigger tires & rims, alittle bit of an exhaust, bucket seats, longer & wider car, doors heavily reinforced/better crash rating, etc... It has a lot!
Though, it seems like price went up on all models in general... It kindof seems worth it (but still a shocker though).
Is your car AWD? If so, that alone is $3500. Things have changed since 2010. You can't really get a no option car now. Your's looks great. I love the old SRT hood, and front spoiler on it!

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,259 Posts
View attachment 985246
Welcome from New Jersey! (y)

·
Registered
426 Posts
I went from a 2010 Challenger SRT8 to a loaded 2017 Challenger GT that had a MSRP over $40K. Big improvement & I needed the AWD. Haven't driven a 2019 yet. That big splitter on the front of the new GT could be problematic driving in heavy snow.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Is your car AWD? If so, that alone is $3500. Things have changed since 2010. You can't really get a no option car now. Your's looks great. I love the old SRT hood, and front spoiler on it!
That GT is a RWD, you can tell by the style of wheel and those are 20-inches. All factory AWD cars will have 19's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
That GT is a RWD, you can tell by the style of wheel and those are 20-inches. All factory AWD cars will have 19's.

I thought all GT's came with 19" wheels regardless if AWD or RWD. Thanks for enlightening me here. :oops:

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Another tidbit on the AWD vs RWD GT, look at where the front calipers are mounted on the AWD. They are in front of the axle centerline and different from all RWD Challengers which are behind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts