Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Plus 10 % premium to Barrett Jackson

·
Registered
48 Posts
The prices are stupid expensive at these auctions..I don't get it. Maybe it's a feel good thing for the rich people...

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
Was watching Barrett Jackson, and a new Hellcat Redeye, 8 miles, no rear seats, sold for $107,000??? What am I missing, you can order one yourself? A fool and his money??

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZL96KH502658

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2019-DODGE-CHALLENGER-SRT-HELLCAT-REDEYE-226692

A Guy
and for the next 7 months of MY 2019, they're building more Hellcat Redeyes - as many as customers wish to order...

·
Registered
145 Posts
ya a guy i work with picked his new redeye up on friday and his was only 90$K out the door.i do see them online asking 105-110$k

·
Registered
580 Posts
I priced one local and just over 88K. I don’t know why anyone would pay over sticker.
I saw in your POC you ordered the Technology Group. Don't do it. I don't know if you were told, but the group only comes with the rain sensing windshield wipers and auto high beams for the full price of $1295. Adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning are not available on the Redeye.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I saw in your POC you ordered the Technology Group. Don't do it. I don't know if you were told, but the group only comes with the rain sensing windshield wipers and auto high beams for the full price of $1295. Adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning are not available on the Redeye.
I priced it. Didn’t buy it. Too much money for me. I’ll wait a year or two.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I might look into like I did with my 2016 Challenger HELLCAT with a REDEYE.
I bought my 2016 in 2017 as a new left over, great discount and still brand new.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I saw several Demons cross the block at the Las Vegas BJ auction for around $150k. One even had a sticker price still attached for around $95k.

·
Super Moderator
12,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Demons are at least understandable. They only made 3300, and are making no more. A Hellcat Redeye you can order right now, and paying $107,000? Can only assume that guy got caught up in the excitement, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw that $107,000 sale also. I think I remember them saying it had a custom "bigger" gas tank. I hope it's worth it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That Hellcat has cloth interior. My local dealer quoted me $74,500 out the door for a Redeye Widebody Hellcat with Leather Interior and 3.09's. That's more car for $33K less. They must serve powerful drinks in Scottsdale.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't forget the buyers premium ads another 10% to that. Ouch! and I think it's 17% to sale so the seller put $88,810 +/- in his pocket and probably paid state taxes to the dealer. Ouch again!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I read somewhere that it was Barrett Jackson himself who bought it. Probably to hype his own business. Those auctions have bee ruining the car market since they went on TV. Every schmuck thinks their fake SS or rusted R/T is worth $250,000 now.

·
Super Moderator
12,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From the BJ link in my 1st post

Status Sold
Price $117,700.00

A Guy

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
The prices are stupid expensive at these auctions..I don't get it. Maybe it's a feel good thing for the rich people...
Agree, these auctions for some high dollar buyers are like social events where they can strut their stuff and flaunt their fat wallets and show everybody how much money they have by overpaying for something available for much less with just a little effort. They don't care, it's enjoyment for them to do it this way and it's their money so they will do what they want with it. I'd probably do the same if I had stupid money!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Agree, these auctions for some high dollar buyers are like social events where they can strut their stuff and flaunt their fat wallets and show everybody how much money they have by overpaying for something available for much less with just a little effort. They don't care, it's enjoyment for them to do it this way and it's their money so they will do what they want with it. I'd probably do the same if I had stupid money!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I think you nailed it with that comment. What I find most enjoyable is the charity auctions, have seen some great stories and generosity. For example the Jeep that was auctioned for the Gary Sinise Foundation. It was sold, re-donated then sold again with all proceeds going to the Gary Sinise Foundation.

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I usually attend the BJ auction, but not anymore. Its just ridiculous what prices people pay for some those cars. I use to think the car auctions were cool, but they have really screwed the "real" car enthusiast's and gear-head's from being able to afford nice cars. I don't care how rare a car is NONE of them are worth the prices they're being sold at. Its crazy that people pay those auction prices. Furthermore its even crazier the prices people pay to have them fully restored or modified. Some cars are priced right, but the majority are just ridiculous. Lastly, I've seen some real junk at BJ sell for crazy money.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts