Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,435 Posts
I read somewhere that it was Barrett Jackson himself who bought it. Probably to hype his own business. Those auctions have bee ruining the car market since they went on TV. Every schmuck thinks their fake SS or rusted R/T is worth $250,000 now.
It was probably Craig Jackson who bought it.

The founders of Barrett-Jackson were Russ Jackson and Tom Barret. Jackson died in 1993, and Barrett in 2004. Russ Jackson's son, Craig Jackson, who had worked actively on a daily basis throughout the years and on-site at the event, took over running the company in 1995 and brought it to new heights.

·
Super Moderator
14,463 Posts
I think the BJ auctions are all crazy rich people with more money than they know what to do with.
There will always be people like that, the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. It's the way it has always been and the way it will always be.
For my broke azz I like my fully loaded SXT Plus! Plenty fast for me! Best car I've ever owned! It's for sale no auction needed 1st $75,000 takes it. Full tank of gas included!
The changes to the 2018 Tax Code didn't do anyone any favors, except for the very high income earners...lower income in 2018, yet my tax liability was 3x what my refunds had been over the past several years.

Anyone that lives in a state with higher property taxes and state income taxes gets a bit hit with the max of $10K combined deduction since you can't claim above that threshold.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I think the BJ auctions are all crazy rich people with more money than they know what to do with.
There will always be people like that, the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. It's the way it has always been and the way it will always be.
For my broke azz I like my fully loaded SXT Plus! Plenty fast for me! Best car I've ever owned! It's for sale no auction needed 1st $75,000 takes it. Full tank of gas included!
The changes to the 2018 Tax Code didn't do anyone any favors, except for the very high income earners...lower income in 2018, yet my tax liability was 3x what my refunds had been over the past several years.

Anyone that lives in a state with higher property taxes and state income taxes gets a bit hit with the max of $10K combined deduction since you can't claim above that threshold.
Yep I got screwed on my taxes also from what i used to get back. From what extra on my pay check and my tax return I came out on the loosing end of the new tax BS. The hit i took was like you said, no more deductions. Guess next time I'll file the easy form. LOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
Luke- "797 horsepower versus 717 horsepower......>:)"
How do they get the extra 797 horse? Are the engine internals the same and just tuning differences?

You guys are the best in pricing. If I trade up to a SRT or Hellcat I'll come and see you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The Redeye basically gets the Demon engine. You get a supercharger upgrade from 2.4 to 2.7 liters, an increase in boost pressure from 11.6 to 14.5 psi, a higher RPM limit of 6,500 versus 6,200, as well as upgrades to the fuel pump and air-intake system. The twin snorkel hood is why you don't get the 808 HP the Demon had with it's 1 huge scoop. The Redeye, like the Demon is automatic only. You also get 41-spline half shafts, and high-strength steel prop shafts. You get a high stall torque converter, 2.62:1 final drive ratio, but the Demon's 3.09:1 is an option. Launch Control, Launch Assist, Line Lock, and Torque Reserve. There's also the Power Chiller and After-Run Chiller to help cool things down at the drag strip.

A Guy

·
Registered
386 Posts
So it sounds like the Redeye is more of a drag car then, line locks and so on are not needed for road racing?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
1 Posts
That Hellcat has cloth interior. My local dealer quoted me $74,500 out the door for a Redeye Widebody Hellcat with Leather Interior and 3.09's. That's more car for $33K less. They must serve powerful drinks in Scottsdale.
Speaking of powerful drinks, what you been smoking? Or was it your dealer smoking?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was at the BJ auction in Phoenix in maybe the mid-1990s. If I remember correctly, you have to settle up with cash, check, or wire transfer at the end of the day, that's what surprised me. Having access to $100,000 is one thing, most people spend that on a house. But having that much loose cash around is another thing. The whole event reminded me of a country club/golf course for rich white people. I change my own oil.
there are rich black people and crazy rich Asians , etc sounds like you need to get a better job and a better life - I wish you well !!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts