Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as all these, I'm sure poer and driving smoothness is not maximized.
what is offered to tune this new car?
cracked PCM / tuner?
can johan then do emal tunes?

do the 8 speeds get ability to tune through PCM/ OBD port, unlike older years which the TCM has o be sent out for shifting changes?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2019 has pcm swap i3 and hemi fever tune and hemi fever tcm. Shift points in auto stay the same.

The Diablo cables did not work so I got a tazer trunk mount obd port.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2019 has pcm swap i3 and hemi fever tune and hemi fever tcm. Shift points in auto stay the same.

WOW!
Thanks for that.
I wonder - for street use on 93 octane - was that $$ and violating the pcm to a dealer, worth drive-ability gain?
Or tenths quicker at the drag strip?
what does your experience say?

·
Registered
30 Posts
WOW!
Thanks for that.
I wonder - for street use on 93 octane - was that $$ and violating the pcm to a dealer, worth drive-ability gain?
Or tenths quicker at the drag strip?
what does your experience say?
I always mod my cars so I say do it. I outran a 1320 at the track and I was on street tires. 11.9 @ 117 mph

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always mod my cars so I say do it. I outran a 1320 at the track and I was on street tires. 11.9 @ 117 mph
ha! same here, unless it's $thousands for no more than a bragging right. want to say "wow!" after the tune..
sounds good and I love my tuned pcm/tcm in thee 2013 too...

did you mod the air box?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack Charger [email protected]
230 Posts
You have got to run good Gas period. Yes Johan is doing excellant email tunes. I know a car that should run a very nice "Low 11" when the tracks open. As long as track prep is there. He is still working on the magic diet.

Reactions: chief455

·
Registered
30 Posts
ha! same here, unless it's $thousands for no more than a bragging right. want to say "wow!" after the tune..
sounds good and I love my tuned pcm/tcm in thee 2013 too...

did you mod the air box?
Yes.hellcat box with k and n filter and ported tb.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks. Johan said he can wake them up, but cost and having the ECM integrity change, is a personal choice if it's "worth it" or not.
Being a street only car, I think waiting for the warranty at least is a good idea. Maybe parts required to tune will cost less as it ages to.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
530 Posts
is this my answer?

why do shift points stay the same in auto???? Why would he do that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts