Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today aug 19 i just ordered a hellcat redeye from papas dodge got 3k off list and 7970 rebate.only option was 309 rear.great deal go now before it closes and you miss the rebate

·
Registered
811 Posts
Congrats on your Redeye.

There is quite a debate going on over the Sept 3 delivery deadline, to be able to receive the $7,970 rebate.

Many feel that if you are unable to take delivery by Sept 3, you lose out on the rebate.

I was told on Saturday that the rebates are being extended on sold orders made before Sept 3.
"SOLD ORDER PROTECTED" is the phrase that was used.

In your post you state that you ORDERED one. Is that in fact correct? Did you actually ORDER a Redeye or did you BUY one off the lot?

If you ORDERED what were you told about the rebate, because obviously you wont take delivery until AFTER Sept 3.

Would you please kindly respond and put this issue to rest.

Thank you, SpeedShift

·
Registered
418 Posts
I thought 2019 orders were done on Aug 1st??? I hope that "SOLD ORDER PROTECTED" is correct. My Shaker was ordered 7-22-19.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yes I ordered on the 15th and it is sold order protected. Friend just ordered one yesterday and still the same thing with being order protected. They are building them a lot faster now . Salesman told me one he ordered on the 5th was loaded on the train today for Florida and mine is to be on the train on the 28th. If that is true it is simply amazing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes I ordered on the 15th and it is sold order protected. Friend just ordered one yesterday and still the same thing with being order protected. They are building them a lot faster now . Salesman told me one he ordered on the 5th was loaded on the train today for Florida and mine is to be on the train on the 28th. If that is true it is simply amazing.
I ordered mine on the 18th of last month and it shows no signs of being done anytime soon, so I wouldn't count on those dates being accurate

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I ordered mine on the 18th of last month and it shows no signs of being done anytime soon, so I wouldn't count on those dates being accurate
If you order a car that does not require to be sent to the uplift center (JB order code) it will get built and shipped a lot faster. All wide body and cars with stripes or blackout treatment get sent to that venue and that is a slowdown to the build and shipping to you.I am going to call the SRT hotline on Friday and confirm what this salesman had told me.I have ordered 7 cars if he is telling the truth this one will be the quickest build of them all. The train ride to Florida will be the test of time also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My experience.

I ordered on 7/11/19. Car was completed literally today 8/21/19. Dealership said three weeks of transport, should arrive mid September.

Now the big rebate question. They said paper work must be done before 9/3 to get the HP rebate.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My experience.

I ordered on 7/11/19. Car was completed literally today 8/21/19. Dealership said three weeks of transport, should arrive mid September.

Now the big rebate question. They said paper work must be done before 9/3 to get the HP rebate.
Just tell the dealer every other dealer is still ordering cars under this program and you will reorder from another dealer. Don't let them push you into a corner to buy before you see a car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as you order while the 19 order banks are open you will get the rebate regardless when you take delivery you will never see rebates like this again.order banks this late into the season tells me something big in works.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As long as you order while the 19 order banks are open you will get the rebate regardless when you take delivery you will never see rebates like this again.order banks this late into the season tells me something big in works.
Unfortunately that's not the response I'm getting from any dealer around me. Is anyone getting this info from a dealer in AZ? I'll reorder from another dealer if they can get me the incentives, but all I'm hearing from the dealers here is you must take delivery before the 3rd, which isn't going to happen at this point

·
Registered
448 Posts
Based on the all of the input we've received on this matter over the last week, its clear this is dealer to dealer. Similar to how my dealer allowed me to use whatever rebate I wanted between months of order and delivery, and some other dealers don't do that.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
62 Posts
I thought 2019 orders were done on Aug 1st??? I hope that "SOLD ORDER PROTECTED" is correct. My Shaker was ordered 7-22-19.
I ordered a 2019 Wide body scat pack on 6/1/19, still hasn't come in yet. Did they give you an estimate of when you may receive your Shaker?

·
Registered
418 Posts
WBScatPack19, They said that the district rep said 6-8 weeks. 6 weeks would be 8-30-19, 8 weeks would be 9-13-19. I put down $300 to quote from them "Lock in the rebate", their exact words. Now I hear this "Lock in the rebate" on the $10 per HP stuff. At the time the rebate was $1750, which ended 7-31-19. I asked if the $1750 was still good after 7-31-19? Answer YES...you "Locked it in"........and they said, then if the rebates get better that's what you would get rather than the $1750. So............"IF" the "Lock in the rebate" is correct........then I should get the $3750 instead of the $1750. I haven't been wanting to bother them since I agreed to the deal. I might ask them at the end of this week.

·
Registered
418 Posts
.......and maybe they are being built faster. There should be NO dealer order's Right? So the only Challenger order's should be from sold (us) cars. I mean what dealer in his right mind would order cars for stock??? Right???

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
They may be building faster, but the shipping time can really be the killer.

This part is totally out of FCA's control.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My opinion.............Once the buyer ordered Challenger rolls out of the door it should be considered the owner's car waiting on paperwork to make it legal in whatever state it's going to. Why should I lose money on slow shipping??? What say you Dodge? I'm pretty sure they have somebody reading these forums.
On another note.......Why does my avatar keep disappearing???

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
My opinion.............Once the buyer ordered Challenger rolls out of the door it should be considered the owner's car waiting on paperwork to make it legal in whatever state it's going to. Why should I lose money on slow shipping??? What say you Dodge? I'm pretty sure they have somebody reading these forums.
On another note.......Why does my avatar keep disappearing???

A lot of downsides to this.

Do you want to have provide insurance to a car that's out of your control?

Potential shipping damage, and dealer damage?

It's yours, so you now have to fight the shipper and or the dealer, for your car, and you haven't even taken delivery yet.

Now, what about factory defects like bad paint? Can't say no, I won't accept this car, because it's already yours.

Just saying.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
I would 100% get it in writing from the dealers General Manager that they will honor these rebates. It is not FCA that is guaranteeing them, so while a handshake between gentlemen should mean something, these are salesmen ;)

A Guy

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's only mine in the manner of the rebate. Remember I said waiting on the paperwork to make it legal. We'll see.

·
Registered
448 Posts
WBScatPack19, They said that the district rep said 6-8 weeks. 6 weeks would be 8-30-19, 8 weeks would be 9-13-19. I put down $300 to quote from them "Lock in the rebate", their exact words. Now I hear this "Lock in the rebate" on the $10 per HP stuff. At the time the rebate was $1750, which ended 7-31-19. I asked if the $1750 was still good after 7-31-19? Answer YES...you "Locked it in"........and they said, then if the rebates get better that's what you would get rather than the $1750. So............"IF" the "Lock in the rebate" is correct........then I should get the $3750 instead of the $1750. I haven't been wanting to bother them since I agreed to the deal. I might ask them at the end of this week.
My dealer also did this. I was able to choose between any rebates that were offered from time of "lock in" to time of delivery.

I had a price agreed upon, including taxes, at the time of order. I signed a purchase order with that price on it. No funny business.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts