Dodge Challenger Forum banner

401 - 420 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Not everyone was saying "don't expect anything"...Matter of fact, most everyone was expecting something.

Most agreed that a minor refresh and/or new engine and interior options were quite likely to happen.
The 50th anniversary is a "no brainer" to offer something...anything...but to offer nothing??
At this point, the silencing of RS and others, makes no sense what so ever.

If anything, by withholding this "NO NEWS" for so long, FCA likely cost themselves sales.
I'm sure their were people on the 2019 order fence, but decided to wait for 2020 specs.
I doubt those people are going to buy the exact same 2020 car now, for $4,850-$7,970 more.

I don't know if the "Power Dollars" rebate will be extended or not. It was supposed to go up in smoke as of 9/03.
If the rebate is extended (I said "IF"...I am NOT claiming it will be) FCA could sweep out the remaining 2019 inventory, fairly quickly.

Beyond that, as it stands, I don't see 2020 being a great year for Challenger sales.

I'm with BlackHemi41, in hoping that FCA has more up their sleeve thru out the model year.
Thou I realize, anything meaningful, is unlikely to happen.
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 7.04.10 AM.png

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
What a complete and utter disappointment. I agree with SpeedShift and BlackHemi41 that all the signs of Dodge doing some significant updates to the Challenger were there. If this is all there is why didn't they just announce this news earlier along with the Charger widebody like others have mentioned? Why be so secretive? Is this their new business model with the Challenger to maximize sales for the current model year? Just don't announce anything and keep people guessing on what is to come and offer big rebates then surprise, nothing new. If no additional interesting info comes out this week about the Challenger that they could be holding back then it is a done deal. I could care less about what they may introduce later on in the year with special paint or stripe packages. No longer going to wait on Dodge and waste my time. I am not really interested in any of the new colors so now it is either scrounge the net for any remaining B5 cars or go to the used market to find what I want. Thanks for nothing Dodge.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
What a complete and utter disappointment. I agree with SpeedShift and BlackHemi41 that all the signs of Dodge doing some significant updates to the Challenger were there. If this is all there is why didn't they just announce this news earlier along with the Charger widebody like others have mentioned? Why be so secretive? Is this their new business model with the Challenger to maximize sales for the current model year? Just don't announce anything and keep people guessing on what is to come and offer big rebates then surprise, nothing new. If no additional interesting info comes out this week about the Challenger that they could be holding back then it is a done deal. I could care less about what they may introduce later on in the year with special paint or stripe packages. No longer going to wait on Dodge and waste my time. I am not really interested in any of the new colors so now it is either scrounge the net for any remaining B5 cars or go to the used market to find what I want. Thanks for nothing Dodge.
I disagree.

Just because I didn't announce what I will eat for dinner tonigjt doesn't mean I'm being secretive about it.

If there is no news, then there is no news...nobody runs around yelling "no changes next year!!" a year in advanced. Your all running around trying to link "clues" together.

FCA has no money. They've been shopping for a merger all year.

FCA is about to head into serious UAW/Labor Issues that may even lead to criminal investigations.

FCA was rumored to be to broke to launch a sorely needed Ram updated. It was a legitimate shock to the world they pulled off the 2019. RAM is the money maker and their most important product.

"Power Dollars" are a gimmick. $4,800 rebate is only a few hundred more then the previous combined rebates and bonus cashes. Sales have been down since April and rather then offering six incremental rebates, one big one makes for better marketing.. And you're all buying into it.

So even if there was something in the works, economic slow down, falling industry sales, labor issues, etc... Not a great time and they already have a list of new cars and features.

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
Too many twisted panties about all of this.

Looks like it'll be a long '19 model year, just like it was back in '10.

Plenty of time for small updates to happen. Refreshing the front and rear fascias is not a huge investment. After that, it's just mixing and matching some other trim options.

It has been very quiet, so anything can happen.

That said, I'll be happy taking putts in my old '16. It's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
154 Posts
A little off-topic from the Challenger, I was kinda hoping the 2020 model year would finally include a Hellcat Durango... shrugs

·
Registered
91 Posts
That was one of my first thoughts after seeing the 2020 info too praise. F8 is still available, but don't know what exterior colors you can get the caramel interior with yet. It would also look good with red, orange and maybe even the new colors coming out. I'm not sure if you can get it with the 1320 though as the current build seems to let you choose the ruby interior with some colors, but I have yet to see one for sale with anything but black.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
That was one of my first thoughts after seeing the 2020 info too praise. F8 is still available, but don't know what exterior colors you can get the caramel interior with yet. It would also look good with red, orange and maybe even the new colors coming out. I'm not sure if you can get it with the 1320 though as the current build seems to let you choose the ruby interior with some colors, but I have yet to see one for sale with anything but black.
That's because most dealers are unimaginative fleece bags and only order cars in monotone palettes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's a good rundown also: Not sure why I never remember to check out the 'media' sites for when this information drops to the public...

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Count me as one of the extremely disappointed. I've been waiting for something "special" for 2020, caugh*426*caugh and I don't think that's coming, unless they still have something up their sleeve. Bob Frederick told me that his contact said that the 426 didn't make the cut for 2020. Now I don't know what I want to do. Keep waiting, or see if I can go score this leftover 2018 T/A 392 for 40K.

401 - 420 of 428 Posts
About this Discussion
427 Replies
77 Participants
sublimejhn
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing