Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T 5.7 Octane Red Pearlcoat
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2019 Challenger R/T 5.7. I have stainless steel long tube headers arriving on the 25th. I have made a functional Ram Air Intake using the opening on inside headlights. I built a new Windshield wiper reservoir to make the intake possible. I have not dyno it yet . The intake made a noticeable difference. I am looking for a large horsepower bump with the Cam. Looking for recommendations while being able to drive it 50 miles a day commute. I have an auto so I don't want so radical it will stall at idle.
Also need a recommendation for a tuner in Georgia. Preferably near Atlanta. I am looking to get 500hp Na . Specs list stock horsepower at 375hp 420ftlbs torque. I don't think 125hp gain with long tube headers , Aggressive Cam, and the twin Ram air filter intake is asking too much. Obviously with a tune. Would a hp tuners tool work r trinity 3 by diablo sport tuner work. No pcm swaps on the 19 rt required. Anyone know for certain on that info?
I have a 2nd 5.7 eagle engine I am building for twin turbos. Hellion style system. Looking for 1600hp out of that build. But that requires 20k in full drivetrain suspension tires wheels billet internals turbo kit and fuel system.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Nice job no the intake!

500WHP NA is going to be a stretch with just a cam and headers. I think the most you can hit is ~450 and that is pushing it if you want drivability.

As for tuners most of the tuners are using Diablo/CMR at the present. HP tuners is gaining popularity but as of now I only know of OST tuning with HP.

Yes you will need to have your PCM unlocked.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T 5.7 Octane Red Pearlcoat
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job no the intake!

500WHP NA is going to be a stretch with just a cam and headers. I think the most you can hit is ~450 and that is pushing it if you want drivability.

As for tuners most of the tuners are using Diablo/CMR at the present. HP tuners is gaining popularity but as of now I only know of OST tuning with HP.

Yes you will need to have your PCM unlocked.
Interesting Diablo sport says any hemis after 18 do not need pcm unlocked only 17 and earlier. Also. I have seen cam gains of 80 to 120hp the upper end where not steetable. Also a tune is a must. I forgot to mention a possible active runner from a scar pack or find a 6.1 aluminum to get intake manifold. I think with everything 500hp should be doable
I built a 850hp Ford 460 ci lincoln engine in an F150 by bore x stroke to 520 ci on dual high rise with 2 Barry Grant's JE black Pistons Earson Cam Luniti stroker crank and rods. Engine work head work. 2.02 intake 1.98 ex valves. Anything is doable but I might have to do more to get it there.
I'll start with the headers the air intake I have the tune and a great cam. Lifters pushrods, valve springs. Then go to scat pack active runner intake . Do a dyno before and after.
Any cam knowledge on this 19 Eagle 5.7 engine would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Interesting Diablo sport says any hemis after 18 do not need pcm unlocked only 17 and earlier. Also. I have seen cam gains of 80 to 120hp the upper end where not steetable. Also a tune is a must. I forgot to mention a possible active runner from a scar pack or find a 6.1 aluminum to get intake manifold. I think with everything 500hp should be doable
I built a 850hp Ford 460 ci lincoln engine in an F150 by bore x stroke to 520 ci on dual high rise with 2 Barry Grant's JE black Pistons Earson Cam Luniti stroker crank and rods. Engine work head work. 2.02 intake 1.98 ex valves. Anything is doable but I might have to do more to get it there.
I'll start with the headers the air intake I have the tune and a great cam. Lifters pushrods, valve springs. Then go to scat pack active runner intake . Do a dyno before and after.
Any cam knowledge on this 19 Eagle 5.7 engine would be appreciated
I am running the 274 phaser from comp cams. before my SC I was right around 450WHP that was with 1 7/8 headers and 3inch exhaust. They also have the newer line out

Just a thought but maybe go with a custom grind to hit more of what you are looking for.

Or are you looking for the specs on the stock 5.7 cam?

oh and on the intake, it is always a good option to go to the 6.4 active runner intake, but that will have you changing up your intake system though.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,145 Posts
The 5.7 is 375 Crank HP stock. 500 Crank HP is pretty easy to get to with just headers and a cam on 93. 500whp, good luck. I'm running a stock 392 non MDS cam and it definitely picked up a lot of steam from the stock cam for super cheap, I have before and after roll races vs my brother's identical car that was stock with just a 93 diablo tune. HUGE difference. He is now running a texas speed stage 3 boost cam, it makes similar power to the 392 cam for an N/A setup, texas speed also sells N/A grinds tho that can help you see another 5-15whp over the boost grind. Tuning was easy and his car is an auto.

You will need a pcm unlock as well as the smart access cable for 2018+. I use both HP and diablo and I can tell you rn, HP is much better. I've been trying to get my tune dialed in but the diablo software is complete garbage so I can't get a log of my AFR gauge. And it's ALWAYS crashing. I swear diablo has been getting worse and worse, when I first got it it ran pretty smooth and everything worked like it should, now a bunch of functions don't even work properly.

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
This would be my vote:

5.7L HEMI VVT Performance NA Camshaft by Modern Muscle - MMX Modern Muscle Xtreme

I have a 392, and soon (once parts arrive) I'm installing the 6.4 Max Effort NA Cam -

the cams that are NSR leave behind some power gains, and frankly if you're going in that deep, just get the cams with the greater lift and install the springs.

They have great drivability and for the 5.7 the Performance cam has operating range of 1,800 - 6,400 which is very suited for the street and for those runs down the track.

I've driven a 392 that I did an MMX cam swap, lopey idle and great drivability. Drives great in-town / traffic and there's more grunt down low and mid range and upper range - lots of "meat"

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,120 Posts
Interesting Diablo sport says any hemis after 18 do not need pcm unlocked only 17 and earlier.
Where do you see this? All 2015+ need an unlocked PCM. 2018+ need a bypass as well

At DiabloSport, we strive to offer the best products and tunes on the market. In most applications, tuning is as simple as hooking our tools up to the OBD2 port and following the prompts on the device. However, in the case of 2018-2019 Dodge/Chrysler vehicles, we encounter a high-level encryption on the PCM (vehicle computer) and that creates a big obstacle for us when we attempt to tune. We have engineered tuning solutions for that issue such as our PKIT products. The kits pair our tuners, like the inTune i3 or Trinity 2, with an unlocked PCM that is set up and programmed for your vehicle, before it leaves our shop. We also have our industry-exclusive inTune i3 and Trinity 2 PCM Swap kits. The PCM Swap kits include a one-time, free cross shipment of an unlocked PCM directly to you. This allows you to swap the PCM in your vehicle without disabling the vehicle for long periods of time to send the PCM in to be unlocked. Both of these solutions are the best-in-class options in the industry to tune your 2018/2019 Dodge vehicle.
The 2018+ model years also brought in new challenges, but we are true MOPAR enthusiasts, so we didn’t let that stop our development of the best tunes in the industry. We have engineered solutions to open up power on this new model year. We have a new harness cable that will be part of our PKIT and PCM Swap parts for 2018+ model years. We will have video updates showing how simple to install these solutions are. We are the only company in the industry offering pre-loaded tunes paired with PCM modifications on 2018+ vehicles. That is why DiabloSport is the go-to MOPAR tuning solution!

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts