Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depends on tires and type of track. With the stock 245's on the street you will likely slip and pull low 5's. If you have the dynamics package with 275's or a larger rim with sticky 305's/315's, I've seen the Scat pack pull as low as 4.3s. There are a few good YouTube videos on the topic. One shows the Scat Pack Shaker beating a 1000 HP Hellcat in a street 0-60. Not that the Hellcat isn't more powerful, it is, its that the driver couldn't keep the power on the road with the Hellcat, however with the right tires the Scat Pack hooked up beautifully.

By the way the Shaker doesn't make any difference compared to a non-Shaker with the SRT style air box. Its just a very cool feature!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Depends on tires and type of track. With the stock 245's on the street you will likely slip and pull low 5's. If you have the dynamics package with 275's or a larger rim with sticky 305's/315's, I've seen the Scat pack pull as low as 4.3s. There are a few good YouTube videos on the topic. One shows the Scat Pack Shaker beating a 1000 HP Hellcat in a street 0-60. Not that the Hellcat isn't more powerful, it is, its that the driver couldn't keep the power on the road with the Hellcat, however with the right tires the Scat Pack hooked up beautifully.

By the way the Shaker doesn't make any difference compared to a non-Shaker with the SRT style air box. Its just a very cool feature!
With bigger tires and a Tazer out if 4hits only bc just got en this what I ran already

Attachments

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Challenger R/T Scat Pack in question would the the 2019 392 with Dynamic Option with 8 spd. automatic factory stock.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

With bigger tires and a Tazer out if 4hits only bc just got en this what I ran already
There you go

·
Registered
40 Posts
There you go
I got 275 and was recommended by my shop to never try and go any bigger unless you are doing certain other mods to support that size. But being BRAND NEW obviously the grip is PLENTY enough for minimal slippage if it happens. Now not knowing how it goes once treated starts to wear?? Idk but I've only made 4 runs with new tires and the Tazer Input and WOOOOOOOOW did it over exceed my expectations. My 2nd run ever with that I beat a Cadillac V by almost a car in a 1/4 mi and then a EVO on last run with the times posted by almost 2cars in 1/8 mi it honestly felt faster then what my performance page showed but like I mention this weekend when I can get som dry runs in to learn and get all it down I KNOW I can run ALOT faster times. I will post vids and times on Sunday. Also I don't or never really used launch control bc I personally either can't get it right but either way seems like a joke to me VS just breaking ton1.5k to launch p

·
Registered
21 Posts
I look forward to the videos! I've just special ordered a 392 SCAT PACK with Shaker and Dynamics package in Plum Crazy. I wanted a sunroof (wife's only demand) and wanted the 6 speed manual not the auto. Special order was the only way I could get everything I wanted without compromising. Will be a few months before it arrives. Got a really good deal if I ordered a 2019 instead of 2020. ($8,000 off). I plan the keep the car long term as a toy (its not my daily driver) so don't really care if its a 19 or 20.

I would challenge your shops assertion that up-sizing tires is hard, its not really if you limit it to the rear wheel. Agree that mods are needed to up-size on the front. the Dynamics package gives you a 9.5" rim and a 275 standard front and rear. A 10.5" after market rim will easily accommodate a 305 on the rear and an 11" rim will take a 315 on the rear only - all within the tire manufacturers recommended spec. I plan to run the 275's on the front and 315's on the rear. I just like the look of the wide rear tire. The only thing you've got to look out for is the rim offset (the compensation between the mounting face and rim center). If the offset is too small then the larger tire can rub on the outer fender, too large and it can foul the inner wheel arch. If you buy rims specifically made for the challenger the manufacturer has already worked all this out for you so its really just a rim swap.

·
Registered
249 Posts
With the stock all seasons I was usually about 4.8 or so with one 4.7 run. Upgraded to 275 Firestone Indy 500s and that got me down to 4.4.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I look forward to the videos! I've just special ordered a 392 SCAT PACK with Shaker and Dynamics package in Plum Crazy. I wanted a sunroof (wife's only demand) and wanted the 6 speed manual not the auto. Special order was the only way I could get everything I wanted without compromising. Will be a few months before it arrives. Got a really good deal if I ordered a 2019 instead of 2020. ($8,000 off). I plan the keep the car long term as a toy (its not my daily driver) so don't really care if its a 19 or 20.

I would challenge your shops assertion that up-sizing tires is hard, its not really if you limit it to the rear wheel. Agree that mods are needed to up-size on the front. the Dynamics package gives you a 9.5" rim and a 275 standard front and rear. A 10.5" after market rim will easily accommodate a 305 on the rear and an 11" rim will take a 315 on the rear only - all within the tire manufacturers recommended spec. I plan to run the 275's on the front and 315's on the rear. I just like the look of the wide rear tire. The only thing you've got to look out for is the rim offset (the compensation between the mounting face and rim center). If the offset is too small then the larger tire can rub on the outer fender, too large and it can foul the inner wheel arch. If you buy rims specifically made for the challenger the manufacturer has already worked all this out for you so its really just a rim swap.

Congrats on the new purchase your gonna LOVE it. They are sooo much fun to drive but DEFINITELY grab ALOT of good and bad attention. I did upgrade to the 275s also just fyi. I never planned on keeping it to long being I want the charger wide body style next. Especially When certain mods are done they can look sooooo cool!! So unfortunately I have to limit myself on upgrades. So I have a stock exaughst but I cut the resonators and now with the Tazer and in track mode which I basically run 24/7 lol it is ALOT louder then stock but not stupid sounding. It sounds more like a real deep rumble all motor sound. Super rad and get so many complainants especially just walking to my car and starting out with my keys. People trip lol. But my neighbors DEFINITELY hate is especially from a cold start omg it wakes a 10block radius lol. I've been pulled over 3 times for "modified exaughst " and when they walk up and tell me that I laugh and say go look its stock. Then usually being the dicks they are they say ok well since I got you pulled over here already lemme see all your info, run it, then let me go. 2 made comments about me being in a illegal street racing club which I'm not lol. But besides that its awsome. So tires, resignators, and the Tazer made the WORLD of diff for speed, sound, handeling and other cool features if your into it. So definitely 3 things I'd say are the first must dos. If your going for speed and racing well obviously the upgrades are endless. What color did you order?

·
Registered
40 Posts
With the stock all seasons I was usually about 4.8 or so with one 4.7 run. Upgraded to 275 Firestone Indy 500s and that got me down to 4.4.

Sounds about right. With the 275s and the Tazer makes a HIGE different. You will feel that extra pull and the shift points are insane. Also I dont use launch control. Never could get it down really so I brake gas to 1.5k then ease into it fast vs dumping to the floor. Make big diff esp with spinning. In 4 runs I pulled a 3.9 0to60 and 12.5 1/4mi as I posted above. I'll repost my new hits in few days bc imma go out next few nights here

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got 275 and was recommended by my shop to never try and go any bigger unless you are doing certain other mods to support that size. But being BRAND NEW obviously the grip is PLENTY enough for minimal slippage if it happens. Now not knowing how it goes once treated starts to wear?? Idk but I've only made 4 runs with new tires and the Tazer Input and WOOOOOOOOW did it over exceed my expectations. My 2nd run ever with that I beat a Cadillac V by almost a car in a 1/4 mi and then a EVO on last run with the times posted by almost 2cars in 1/8 mi it honestly felt faster then what my performance page showed but like I mention this weekend when I can get som dry runs in to learn and get all it down I KNOW I can run ALOT faster times. I will post vids and times on Sunday. Also I don't or never really used launch control bc I personally either can't get it right but either way seems like a joke to me VS just breaking ton1.5k to launch p
I just wonder what is the disadvantage of wider tires? More hydroplanning in the rain? Remember this would be a commuter car, a street car. Not for the track. Also will having wider tires lower top end speed? It should help with better handling right? Don't want a harsher ride since it will be a daily driver or at least start out that way.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,146 Posts
Wider tires higher rolling resistance, that's why drag racers install skinnies in the front (and possible weight savings), but this is negligible on a street car. Basically no real disadvantages of running wider tires, and many advantages with grip, cornering, looking awesome, etc ;)

A Guy

Reactions: STINGRAY

·
Registered
413 Posts
I run 17" 315's on the back. With my Street tires my best is 3.7 on the street. On the Track with my Hoosier DR's my best is 3.1.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's with a insanly tricked HC bro were talking about SP. So not that great really on tines
No Cat here! 16 SP Challenger . Check my signature for mods. Nothing big at all. Biggest difference for traction was the rear end changes to hook up. Before that it was spinnin and hoppin! Now she hooks hard ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts