Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 2019 scat pack shaker with 245/45/20 Goodyear tires from the factory. I wanted to ask what is the biggest size I can go without compromising ride comfort. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts

As far as I know, no issue running 275's on 9" stock wheels...but not sure why a spacer was needed on the R/T

A Guy

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I think A Guy is right, you should'nt need spacers with 275's on the front with 9 inch wheels. I know countless others run that setup here on the forum. I'm sure someone will chime in here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm running aftermarket Demon rims, 20mm offset. They fit but really tight, so I had the tech install the spacers for safety sake.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Tons of folks here running 275/40's on their SP's. No issues.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Or with Dynamics Package.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Slidd, you beat me to that post.

To clarify, the 2015 and up SRT 392's, narrow body Hellcats & Redeyes, T/A 392's, 1320's, and any SP equipped w/Dynamics Package, ALL run a 9.5 inch wide rim w/275s both front and rear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, I didn’t think 275’s would work on a 9” wheel. I just ordered s single centerline 635B in 20x9 for my 2018 Scatpack Shaker, to make sure it fits before buying the rest. 275’s would be pretty nice...

·
Super Moderator
16,623 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2019 scat pack shaker with 245/45/20 Goodyear tires from the factory. I wanted to ask what is the biggest size I can go without compromising ride comfort. Thanks!
you can run any 275/40 tire with the Scat Pack wheels which are 20 x 9" by default. if you have the Dynamics Pkg option it swaps 6 piston brakes and 20 x 9.5" wheels [not in your case].

the difference size maintains the same sidewall height / outside diameter as your OEM 245/45's...

the biggest factor is sidewall stiffness - varies by make / model of tire

some are stiffer than others, and couple that with the firm suspension / shocks that Scat Pack models have whether its SP R/T, SP Shaker, or T/A 392 model

1 - 18 of 18 Posts