Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, looking to pick up my first Challenger and I hate the haggling that comes with new car buying. I found a dealer that was able to work with me via email, and they are willing to lock me in with a price to order my TA build. I was hoping I could get some opinions on whether or not the price is ok before I go in and sign anything. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Offer is $45,687 before taxes and fees (which are pretty standard so no issues there.)

Configuration:
2019 RT scat pack
6 speed manual
Red brake calipers
T/A package
Driver convenience group
Plus package
Go mango paint
Black hood pin kit
Power sunroof

What do you think, shop around and try to do better, or does this seem like a reasonable price?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know where you are at, but that seems to price out at $48,650 on the Dodge website, down to $45,900 including current rebates. So that is pretty much the straight-up web pricing. So you are not being overcharged. But, what you are quoted is more than what I paid for my SP Widebody before taxes and registration. I am jealous of the functional hood scoop/CAI on the T/A.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know where you are at, but that seems to price out at $48,650 on the Dodge website, down to $45,900 including current rebates. So that is pretty much the straight-up web pricing. So you are not being overcharged. But, what you are quoted is more than what I paid for my SP Widebody before taxes and registration. I am jealous of the functional hood scoop/CAI on the T/A.
Hmm, is pricing regional? I am in Phoenix AZ, when I price it out on Dodge's website, with current incentives I get just under $50,000. I didn't realize the price would fluctuate like that based on location. Where are you at?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hello, looking to pick up my first Challenger and I hate the haggling that comes with new car buying. I found a dealer that was able to work with me via email, and they are willing to lock me in with a price to order my TA build. I was hoping I could get some opinions on whether or not the price is ok before I go in and sign anything. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Offer is $45,687 before taxes and fees (which are pretty standard so no issues there.)

Configuration:
2019 RT scat pack
6 speed manual
Red brake calipers
T/A package
Driver convenience group
Plus package
Go mango paint
Black hood pin kit
Power sunroof

What do you think, shop around and try to do better, or does this seem like a reasonable price?
Are you sure that you can still order a 2019 model?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Configuration:
2019 RT scat pack
6 speed manual
Red brake calipers
T/A package
Driver convenience group
Plus package
Go mango paint
Black hood pin kit
Power sunroof

Are you sure that you can still order a 2019 model?
As far as I know. I don't know why the dealer would say I can if not. I suppose if I can't I'll just wait to order a 2020, I don't think they are eliminating anything I want next year anyway. Unless they remove the TA option

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
They'll build 2019's probably into October then guess another Brampton shutdown before 2020 starts on November 18.

I sure hope Tim K can figure something out and get these sales up, these are dark days for Challenger right now. June 19 sales down 26% from June 18 and maybe the worst June ever, whatever they're doing is not working so let's hope for a bigger and better 2020.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So does anyone else have any recommendations on pricing? When I price it out on the website I get $50,000 after incentives. I'm not sure if I'm missing something that someone else is finding it so much cheaper, but now I'm thinking I need to hold off on signing. I have terrible buyer's remorse so if I can get a significantly better deal elsewhere, I'm in no hurry and I'll keep looking

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
$49,645 when I priced it out and I'm on the opposite side of the country.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$49,645 when I priced it out and I'm on the opposite side of the country.
Thanks, that's what I got too. I was thinking I was missing some kinda rebate or something. It seems like a decent deal from what I can tell, especially since most the places I contacted don't want to really work with me on pricing until it comes in because they say the incentives are only available at time of delivery. I don't want to order and then have the price jump up on me when it's delivered, though I guess that can happen anywhere. Seems less likely if I sign an invoice now though

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Thanks, that's what I got too. I was thinking I was missing some kinda rebate or something. It seems like a decent deal from what I can tell, especially since most the places I contacted don't want to really work with me on pricing until it comes in because they say the incentives are only available at time of delivery. I don't want to order and then have the price jump up on me when it's delivered, though I guess that can happen anywhere. Seems less likely if I sign an invoice now though
So, that's about 4000 off the price. Ask them what the price would be for affiliates. You can get that if you join Tread Lightly. Just another option you can look into. Will cost you $100.00 though.

https://www.treadlightly.org/support/members/

$100 & $250 Level
• Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat Affiliate Rewards Program
Preferred Price, 1% below factory invoice on purchase or lease of new vehicles.

If you go that route, you'll have to be a member for 30 days before using the discount.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hmm, is pricing regional? I am in Phoenix AZ, when I price it out on Dodge's website, with current incentives I get just under $50,000. I didn't realize the price would fluctuate like that based on location. Where are you at?
You might want to try a dealer in the metropolitan Detroit area. I'm sure they'd be happy to ship it to you or you could fly in and drive it home. What a great road trip with the new love of your life!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well, you're not being overcharged, but you are not getting a great deal either. I live in Michigan.

You have no interest in the Wide Body package? That package is sick man, the grip and control it gives you is something you should really consider. I have very little issues applying the torque to the ground effectively with these 305 tires.

Anyways.

For reference:

I paid $49,500 + taxes/fees, after haggling with store manager. The dealer I went with wanted my business, as I told them I was already working something out with a dealer down the road. Good tactic to use.

2019 R/T SP /w A8
+Widebody
+Drive Convenience
+Plus Package
+Tech Group
+Bumble Stripe
+Pirelli Summer Tire Upgrade
+Uconnect with NAV
+Harman Kardon
+Power Sunroof

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, you're not being overcharged, but you are not getting a great deal either. I live in Michigan.

You have no interest in the Wide Body package? That package is sick man, the grip and control it gives you is something you should really consider. I have very little issues applying the torque to the ground effectively with these 305 tires.

Anyways.

For reference:

I paid $49,500 + taxes/fees, after haggling with store manager. The dealer I went with wanted my business, as I told them I was already working something out with a dealer down the road. Good tactic to use.

2019 R/T SP /w A8
+Widebody
+Drive Convenience
+Plus Package
+Tech Group
+Bumble Stripe
+Pirelli Summer Tire Upgrade
+Uconnect with NAV
+Harman Kardon
+Power Sunroof
I guess I'm not seeing where that's much different in pricing than what I am looking at. That prices out to about $56,000, so you got it for $6,000 under MSRP. The configuration I'm looking at prices out to $50,000, so $4,000 under MSRP. I also got them to lower the fees to as little as possible, the only "upgrade" they're selling me is window tint which I talked down to $200 so pretty reasonable there. Every other car I've ever purchased they've come back with an invoice with completely ridiculous prices for dealer upgrades that they expect me to pay for. I've had to walk away from deals several times over that, so I'm happy to avoid that issue this time at least.

Looks like maybe a little bit of wiggle room I might be able to work still though. Did you order yours, or was it on the lot? It seems much easier to haggle with the price when it's on the lot, and I'm not looking to buy anything they have around here at this point. It'd be nice if I can talk them down a bit more, I'm from Michigan too, just got back at the end of June from vacation. Guess I should have looked there!

As for the widebody, I'm just not a fan of the fender flares. Don't care to pay for it when I don't like the way it makes the vehicle look, even if the wider tires are nice

·
Registered
448 Posts
My MSRP was $58,500. I built it from factory.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,732 Posts

$50,145 including Destination. California has $2,750 incentives, 47,395

A Guy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So to update, I had them shave another $1,500 off and got it around $44,000. Those California incentives are nice, we don't have them in AZ right now. I'm not about to drive to CA just to save a bit more, so I took the plunge. Could possibly have done better, but it was probably the painless buying process I have ever had so I feel decent about the price. Thanks for the help, the wait begins!

·
Registered
342 Posts
So about 6k off? That's pretty good. I was going to have the scat pack guy order me one, but the best he can do is employee price or about 4.5k off. I'm still debating as its a few grand more than I originally wanted to spend. But it is the color I wanted and I have some equity in my trade. I'm also still thinking about a couple low mileage used SRT's for around 42k in my 2nd pick in color or trying to convince myself the indigo looks good as there is one with the exact options and interior color I want, but just not sure I like the color or not. Its priced right around 43k on a car with MSRP of 50 so pretty good, but its in MI so you don't get the tax savings on the trade difference there.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,732 Posts
Getting a price you are happy with is key. You'll never have regrets. I know I was happy with the price I paid. Could I have gotten a few hundred less off the price? Possibly, but I was happy. I think you did well

A Guy

Reactions: Jack44
1 - 19 of 19 Posts