Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scat Pack on order and was wondering about how good the factory alarm works. Any opinions on it and its capabilities? Does the factory system have a way to send an alert to my Android cell phone if I am in the Walmart shopping and someone touches the car, bumps the car, or lifts the door handle to try and open the door? My car will be garaged kept, and parked in a fenced and guarded parking lot at work on nice days when I drive it to work. Just worried about when I'm out shopping, at a restaurant, and places like that.....
If it's not going to be able to do that, what are some alarm systems out there that can do that?
Thanks for any info!
Todd

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
If you sign up for Uconnect Access (subscription) it will send you alerts.

It protects the doors and I think that's it, maybe trunk. It used to be possible to have a shock sensor hooked up, not sure if you still can. Touches the car? Don't think it will detect that.

You can look up the features and prices at driveuconnect.com.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,493 Posts
Cars with the automatic and remote start have a hood sensor as well, I would hope that would trigger an alarm.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
No alarm for the hood, that hood switch is for the remote start only.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Challengers do have a built in limited alarm, yes
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg

A Guy

Attachments

Reactions: STINGRAY

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
So 2020 R/T SPWB do not come from the factory with an alarm.
But no hood coverage, if someone can get the hood open the alarm will not sound.

Same thing for sunroof or windows. As long as no door is opened, the alarm will not sound.

That's how they are stealing Hellcats, break the window or sunroof, slide in and push it away.

There used to be a way to add a shock sensor to the factory alarm but haven't kept up with it lately.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,493 Posts
But no hood coverage, if someone can get the hood open the alarm will not sound.
I think that with Remote Start it does. Remote Start included a hood switch, so you don't start the car with someone's fingers working on it, and I was under the impression that it tied to the alarm as well. I'll try and find out.
If so, ANOTHER WIN for the A8 option! ;) (just poking the bear)

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
I think that with Remote Start it does. Remote Start included a hood switch, so you don't start the car with someone's fingers working on it, and I was under the impression that it tied to the alarm as well. I'll try and find out.
If so, ANOTHER WIN for the A8 option! ;) (just poking the bear)
It seems logical that it would be but it's not, the hood switch is for the remote start only. Only thing in the alarm covered by switches are the doors.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
So having a manual transmission means I have no alarm functionality?
But you'll notice that A8 cars will have the plunger switch on the pass side cowl for the remote start, on M6 cars you'll have an empty hole there with no switch.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

Same thing for sunroof or windows. As long as no door is opened, the alarm will not sound.

That's how they are stealing Hellcats, break the window or sunroof, slide in and push it away.

There used to be a way to add a shock sensor to the factory alarm but haven't kept up with it lately.

It sounds to me like those old alarms in the 70's that are only activated by pin switches / current draw. So someone can break window and alarm will not sound. They can jump into car through window to steal your loose valuables or back in the day they would steal Blaupunk stereos or any kind of aftermarket stereo unit.

Challengers do have a built in limited alarm, yes
View attachment 1016804 View attachment 1016805
A Guy
Whoa 388 pages to this manual 😝 .

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Must be read, every word before driving :D

A Guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts