Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into getting a Scat Pack and trading in my recently current lease. The model I’m looking at comes with all the packages I like. When I price it out with all the packages on the dodge website it comes out to $44,975 because there’s a promotion now on the scat pack by Dodge, but the dealer has it for $49,475 MSRP and there’s currently a sale price of $39,093. I live in Miami, FL. What is the price of the actual car and do you guys have any tips on getting a good deal

The packages that come with it are..
Shaker package
Dynamics package
Driver convenience package
Plus package
Automatic transmission

·
Registered
265 Posts
That looks like an excellent price. Watch out for any dealer add-on fees for dmv documents, prep., etc. Read all the docs before signing and make sure nothing was slipped in that you are not happy with.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like an excellent price. Watch out for any dealer add-on fees for dmv documents, prep., etc. Read all the docs before signing and make sure nothing was slipped in that you are not happy with.
So the lease or finance should be at the sale price of 39k and not 49k correct?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes if that's what they are listing as the current sale price. However I doubt that it has all of the options that you want, for that price. I could be wrong though.

Also, consider widebody - it makes a huge difference with traction/handling. Not to mention it makes the car look menacing.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s the same car with all the above options listed for that sale price. While the wide body does look awesome, I can do without it and I don’t want to add another 6k on top of the price. I’m happy with the current options.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Triple Nickel
45 Posts
39,093 is 21% off list. One doesn't find discounts much deeper than that. Buy it!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I’m here at the dealer and they said the 39k only applies to financing and not leasing. They said the dodge power dollars promotion is only applicable on financing. Because when you lease, you’re only getting $1500 in rebates. They also said I’m upside down on my current 2019 challenger by around 4K. The price he quoted me was $649 on a 60 month lease with 0 down.

Does anyone have any feedback?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Do not let them use monthly payments to guide the discussions. Determine the amount you want to pay, and negotiate around that. Go in there with pre-approval from a local credit union or bank, and make them try to beat it. Don't just let them take you for a ride with their finance entity.

Well, if you're leasing something and trying to turn it in early, I don't know how that works. I mean you really should have leased something that you knew you wanted! :(

Will they accept the lease back? What's the APR they are offering you for the finance? Use APR, term and TOTAL OUT THE DOOR PRICE of the car for negotiation - nothing more.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are willing to buy the car back from me. So I would owe nothing on it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
...And they are still offering you the $39k price for the car? After buying back the lease at no cost to you?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel like they are taking me for a ride because they state the dodge power dollars and the fact that the car is at 49k only applies to a financing. They said when you lease, the most rebates you can get is $1500. They also said my credit score dropped so I can’t exactly lease unless I get a co-signer with better credit. But the reason my credit score has dropped is because of all the times they had ran my credit before. Even when I told them not to.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Your credit score only drops a few points when you get a hard pull. Also, several hard pulls from the same entity, or even different banks/financial institutions, for the same purpose (auto-loan), within a two week period, count as one pull.

Yeah man, financing you're going to get way more incentives, that seems fair.

Apply at a local bank or credit union that does auto loans. Go on equifax website and make an account and look at your FICO credit scores and see what they look like.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I feel like they are taking me for a ride because they state the dodge power dollars and the fact that the car is at 49k only applies to a financing. They said when you lease, the most rebates you can get is $1500. They also said my credit score dropped so I can’t exactly lease unless I get a co-signer with better credit. But the reason my credit score has dropped is because of all the times they had ran my credit before. Even when I told them not to.

From the Power dollars wording: Starting Aug. 1, customers across the United States who purchase any 2019 Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger or Dodge Durango will get a $10 per horsepower cash allowance.

The ad wording says nothing about a lease. I don't think they are trying to take you for a ride.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Your credit score only drops a few points when you get a hard pull. Also, several hard pulls from the same entity, or even different banks/financial institutions, for the same purpose (auto-loan), within a two week period, count as one pull.

I thought it was for a month, but either way, yeah, it would only drop a couple points. I agree with you as well for more rebates for financing as well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Apply at a local bank or credit union that does auto loans. Go on equifax website and make an account and look at your FICO credit scores and see what they look like.
I will definitely do this. Thanks for the tips man

·
Registered
448 Posts
Best of luck. See if you can get a pre-approval to buy from a local credit union and then you hold the power. You may take that 4k hit or whatever due to the lease equity - I don't know how that stuff works though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts