Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the "Shaker" option have any performance advantage over the regular hood on the R/T Scat Pack 392?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if one gets the "shaker" option will this make changing the oil a problem? Does the shaker need to be removed to check the oil level?
If you opt for the hood that comes standard on the Scat Pack you will at least have a hood that releases hot air from the engine compartment?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I test drove both, and no shaker is all looks. No difference in performance.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,493 Posts
So if one gets the "shaker" option will this make changing the oil a problem? Does the shaker need to be removed to check the oil level?
No, to add oil, you remove the shaker top with 4 10mm nuts to access a twist off cover over the fill plug cap, takes 1 minute and the car should come with a "SHAKER" labelled 10mm nut driver from the factory. OR, you can buy a special funnel that reaches under the base and you can just get your hand under there to remove the fill cap.
Checking oil is not affected, full access to the dipstick and everything else.

Reactions: STINGRAY

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a special oil funnel you can get to add oil. I remember seeing it somewhere here where you can buy it. I believe you don't have to remove shaker. The oil funnel goes in at an angle. I find the shaker cosmetic pleasing and not that many around.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks that's the info I was looking for however this item is no longer on Amazon. Are there any other specific products like this that are recommended??
I like this one as it has a brass strainer and it's Made in the USA.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found in a description: Includes removable brass strainer for gasoline. Oil will not flow through the strainer.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/94364874 (Back order)

English...may cause wiring issues :p

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=6"+Red+Angled+Funnel+with+Detachable+Spout+Mesh+Screen+Strainer+Gasoline+Diesel&_sacat=0

A Guy
Thanks again. A strainer isn't really necessary. the e-bay website or that address doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Both work, copy the full ebay address and paste in browser

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Yeah, I didn't dig deep in different search terms, but you can Google 6" offset funnel, etc. The original one is 2 piece and the video seems to make that important if not necessary

A Guy

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am not sure how important that it whether one piece or two because it should fit. If once piece perhaps it will give more. Two pieces it might come apart and leak.
Yes can always just do a Google search of that product name and number/description in the U-Tube Video which gave an excellent descrption of that funnel.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Possibilities

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,493 Posts
Or, remove the SHAKER top as intended, it takes less than 1 minute. I may buy one of the funnels, but just because having odd funnels is handy. I won't keep it in the car.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts