Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
The engine is 6.4L SRT, so should the grill emblem be SRT? Is the SRT badging exclusive to Hellcats and Demons? Just curious where the line is drawn between R/T and SRT.....
Todd

·
Registered
720 Posts
The engine is 6.4L SRT, so should the grill emblem be SRT? Is the SRT badging exclusive to Hellcats and Demons? Just curious where the line is drawn between RT and SRT.....
Todd
It is not an SRT. SRT is used for Hellcats and Demons. The Challenger SRT 392 was only available from 2015 to 2018. The R/T and the SRT are not the same car.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
VIN's are different too,

2C3CDZDJ . . . SRT 392
2C3CDZFJ . . . Scat Pack

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SFCR

·
Registered
720 Posts
VIN's are different too,

2C3CDZDJ . . . SRT 392
2C3CDZFJ . . . Scat Pack

Great point! I didn't even think about the VINs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The engine is 6.4L SRT, so should the grill emblem be SRT? Is the SRT badging exclusive to Hellcats and Demons? Just curious where the line is drawn between RT and SRT.....
Todd
The closest thing you will get to an SRT car is not a regular 392 R/T. You'd need a Scat Pack WB car and pick up all the suspension goodies as well. The Scat Pack WB cars are essentially what the SRT cars used to be, however Dodge is reserving that moniker only for the Demon and Hellcat now.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,628 Posts
A 2019/2020 Scat Pack with Dynamics and Adaptive Suspension is the same as a 2018 SRT mechanically. In 2018 the only performance difference left to the SRT 392 was the suspension. Then that became an option on the Scat Pack when they discontinued the 392 SRT. So you can still get the same car, but it isn't named "SRT" any more. And now that you can get the flat bottom wheel, line lock, and other improvements, in some ways a pegged out 2020 is better than a 2018 SRT 392.
The Widebody is not the equivalent, it is the Dynamics package that has the same Wheels/Brakes/Tires as SRTs. As for what you miss it not being a SRT is you don't get the driver's experience (I think they still have that right?) and it may be better insurance wise since it is technically an R/T.

·
Registered
397 Posts
A 2019/2020 Scat Pack with Dynamics and Adaptive Suspension is the same as a 2018 SRT mechanically. In 2018 the only performance difference left to the SRT 392 was the suspension. Then that became an option on the Scat Pack when they discontinued the 392 SRT. So you can still get the same car, but it isn't named "SRT" any more. And now that you can get the flat bottom wheel, line lock, and other improvements, in some ways a pegged out 2020 is better than a 2018 SRT 392.
The Widebody is not the equivalent, it is the Dynamics package that has the same Wheels/Brakes/Tires as SRTs. As for what you miss it not being a SRT is you don't get the driver's experience (I think they still have that right?) and it may be better insurance wise since it is technically an R/T.
I would also say you simply don't get the badge on the front of the car. However, at least in my car, the radio boots up and says SRT, the PP's say SRT PP, the button says SRT drive modes, etc. Since SRT is the Street Racing Team and the 392 can be configured for all the street racing goodies, I would say just leave the badging alone but its not not an SRT either.

Ron

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would also say you simply dont get the badge on the front of the car. However at least in my car, the radio boots up and says SRT, the PP's say SRT PP, the button says SRT drive modes, ETC. Since SRT is the Street Racing Team and the 392 can be configured for all the street racing goodies, I would say just leave the badging alone but its not not an SRT either.

Ron
I would also say you simply dont get the badge on the front of the car. However at least in my car, the radio boots up and says SRT, the PP's say SRT PP, the button says SRT drive modes, ETC. Since SRT is the Street Racing Team and the 392 can be configured for all the street racing goodies, I would say just leave the badging alone but its not not an SRT either.

Ron
I have a 2019 scat pack widebody when I start it, the nav screen reads SRT not RT I am going with SRT if its good enough for dodge its good enough for me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Out of curiosity, why is it such a big deal if its an SRT or not (besides they don't make an NA SRT car anymore.) It is just letters to impress people that dont know anything about the cars. If that's who you're worried about, then more power to you. Just tell them it's a Hellcat and lie about it. At the end of the day, an enthusiast will know what it is and what it isn't, and by trying to say its an SRT, you're going to look like the guy in the Mustang GT with cobra badges on his car just because he did a motor swap.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,923 Posts
Even if configured exactly the same, an R/T is still an R/T and an SRT is an SRT in my book. In the same manner, my SRT will NEVER be a Hellcat, even if I change out every single part to make it identical to one! There's a reason why some cars fetch a premium over others at Barrett-Jackson. Not to be a snob about the subject, but it is what it is and it "ain't what it ain't"?vs.?.

·
Registered
451 Posts
the closest thing you will get to an SRT car is not a regular 392 rt.. youd need a scatpack WB car and pick up al the suspension goodies as well. The ScatPack WB cars are essentially what the SRT cars used to be, however dodge is reserving that moniker for the Demon and Hellcat only now.
Boom roasted! I've got an SRT! Take that @A Guy !!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a 2019 scat pack widebody when I start it, the nav screen reads SRT not RT I am going with SRT if its good enough for dodge its good enough for me.
This is a fair point, my screen also says SRT when I start it. Boom Roasted.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Whatever the window sticker/vin says is what the car is.(period). The scat pack in ANY shape or form IS AN RT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My computer says SRT as do all of the functions. At this point im just poking the bear.

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
Yeah its funny but the radio was borrowed from SRT too just like the engine. Radio from SRT and powered by SRT.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Boom roasted! I've got an SRT! Take that @A Guy !!!
i definitely wasnt supporting either side of the argument with that post.... in all fairness, as much as i feel like my WB is pretty much what and SRT would be in 2019 its still an RT Scatpack WB and it will always be an RT Scatpack WB.... nothing I will ever do it will change that.

and like my last post said, who are you trying to convince yourself or others? Because the SRT moniker is just a "word" per se... It really doesnt mean anything, an original SRT car isnt any better than a new ScatPack 392 car with the same suspension setup... it just has a different name. Dont feel like you bought less of a car because it doesnt say SRT on the title, its not.

Reactions: SFCR

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,027 Posts
It was such a simple question and answer, lol.

A Guy

1 - 20 of 170 Posts