Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my sublime scat pack shaker.
Ive done allot of reading about some of the updates I wanted to do and there is allot of mis-information out there!
For those wanting to utilize the drivers side headlight air intake for the above model the Mopar 77072385 intake tube fits excellent. Simple installation..remove air box and drill & mount air tube. Remove the two T10 toro screws (3 & 9 o’clock) that secure the rear headlight intake cover. Note: completely remove the screws so they don’t interfere with the intake tube. Re-assemble air box...done. Fits perfectly no “trimming”or
“fitting” required.
Wheel hop..... bottom line....BMR Suspension.
1. Cadle Lock Out Bushing.
2. Upper Trailing Arms
3. Lower Trailing Arms
4. Upper Control Arms
Wheel hop...gone!
BMR is a great company, excellent product and very knowledgeable staff.
This will add some interior noise but this is a muscle car and muscle cars are suppose to be bold & brash. When fast & quite are in order that’s where the X5M shines. :)
Borla s-type cat back exhaust & Barton shifter complete things for me....
Hope this information helps.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My scat has never had wheel hop either. I have 315's on the back. This would be my preferred method of getting rid of that. Thanks for listing the part number on the air inlet. I want to do this mod again as I had it done on the 16 R/T I had previously.

Ron

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
284 Posts
For those wanting to utilize the drivers side headlight air intake for the above model the Mopar 77072385 intake tube fits excellent. Simple installation..remove air box and drill & mount air tube. Remove the two T10 toro screws (3 & 9 o’clock) that secure the rear headlight intake cover. Note: completely remove the screws so they don’t interfere with the intake tube. Re-assemble air box...done. Fits perfectly no “trimming”or
“fitting” required.
Interesting, this is first post I've read where no cutting is required. I'm still on the fence...

Dude, you have a sublime Shaker and no pics? We want to see!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Looks awesome! I would have chosen sublime if it was available when I ordered. I believe it was only offered the last half of MY 2019. Its gone again for 2020.

I went ahead and ordered the Mopar 77072385 intake from Steve White Motors so I hope it fits like yours did.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will fit fine. It’s a bit of a pain getting the (2) torx screws out that retain the plug, but the rest of it is nothing.
You are correct about the sublime, I waited a long time for this exact car to be available.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Happy to report the Mopar 77072385 intake tube fit my '19 SPS w/o cutting, etc. The fitment (i.e. bend) is no worse than the stock tube running from the Shaker to the air filter -- that thing has lots of kinks/bends. Doubt it will add any power but having two cold air inlets (shaker + headlight) can't hurt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad yours worked I got my tube but it did not have the fasteners does anybody know the part number for them? Or a pic so I can find something close at the parts store

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I believe the rivets are mopar pn 345010. Alternatively, something like the "Poly Hand Riveter Kit" from HF might work too.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,493 Posts

A2ACCFD0-9EDC-4DDC-AD1B-BF8F7353B021.jpeg.jpg

Hack job, but even more crap removed. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
I believe the rivets are mopar pn 345010. Alternatively, something like the "Poly Hand Riveter Kit" from HF might work too. View attachment 986072
use push pins, not rivets to secure the tube to the airbox

that's what was supplied with my tube when I ordered it

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,493 Posts
Ok, the axe murder I get, but the beemer ain’t that hard on the eyes :)
Lol that’s what I said too. It’s a friends son who doesn’t know where the barbershop is at.
Yeah, mainly for fun. And as for the guy, just looked out of place. With all that white, looked like a face floating in the shadows. And the BMW isn't that bad I guess. I'm actually kind of digging that garage, is that a private home?
And back to the thread, I have been considering putting that duct on my car since I got it, I probably will since it is an "official" Mopar accessory, as well as factory part.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don’t know, it ain’t my garage. I’m just glad you didn’t cut my beemer out too!
Lol
The duct will fit fine.
I just finished ordering the rest of the stuff I need to finish my sps as soon as the weather breaks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts