Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I used the search function, google and read the manual.

Has the sport mode been changed over the years?

My 2017 RT, when I put it in sport mode, I got the green flag on the dash, can hear the difference in exhaust, and feel the difference in the steering wheel.

With my 2019 Scat Pack, when I select sport mode with the drive modes button, ( everything is selected to sport ) I see sport mode on the dash ( no flag ), there is no difference in exhaust tone and no difference in the steering wheel.
Just seeing if I may have an issue or is it unlocked after X amount of miles like the linelock?

·
Registered
25 Posts
steering may feel the same if you had the same setting in eco/auto/custom mode beforehand.

i like driving with the steering wheel in track mode for example and change it to that in custom.
only difference i can notice when put fully in track/sport on the dash is the stability control turns off partially and you feel the ride is rougher and trans acts differently...

i for one like the exhaust tone as is. roaring loudly when you put your foot down but not too loud when idling/driving normally

·
Super Moderator
12,884 Posts
Did your 2017 have STP? Or did you just have the Sport Mode button?

A Guy

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it's very different on a scat pack. A buddy in the car club I joined has a 2019 R/T 5.7 and he has the green flag when sport mode is on, along with the very noticeable exhaust note.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I guess it's very different on a scat pack. A buddy in the car club I joined has a 2019 R/T 5.7 and he has the green flag when sport mode is on, along with the very noticeable exhaust note.
So....how many miles are on your ‘19? It may not come into play until 500 miles or so....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hmmm. I just rolled over 950 to 1300~ miles and sport mode works. I can tell the suspension is tighter, and the torque converter locks up quicker in each gear, when in sport. I will have to take a pic, of it the screen when put in Sport mode. It shows the drive train, transmission, drive shaft, rear axle, all four shocks and steering rack. and these items highlight like being enabled. It says Sport mode up top. Like a top menu to chose from.
I guess the exhaust note changes, it sounds loud all the time( LOL )
Its almost time for an oil change, Time would be Jan 1 ( 6 months) but to cold then, I'll catch it in late October.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let me start by saying I used the search function, google and read the manual.

Has the sport mode been changed over the years?

My 2017 RT, when I put it in sport mode, I got the green flag on the dash, can hear the difference in exhaust, and feel the difference in the steering wheel.

With my 2019 Scat Pack, when I select sport mode with the drive modes button, ( everything is selected to sport ) I see sport mode on the dash ( no flag ), there is no difference in exhaust tone and no difference in the steering wheel.
Just seeing if I may have an issue or is it unlocked after X amount of miles like the linelock?

I have a 2018 SP this will solve all issues. Take your resignators off. Take 3mins. Get the Tazer and now when in track not sport mode you will have the meanest, deepest all muscle sounding vehicle ever. Get complinants every drive. The track mode is insane of a diff from the shift point. How hard and it pulls. Still makes exaughst louder and I'm runnin some great times for literally tores 275s, tazer 150 bucks resignators free

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,884 Posts
Resignators? Regulators? No resonators = Drone FWIW

A Guy

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2018 SP this will solve all issues. Take your resignators off. Take 3mins. Get the Tazer and now when in track not sport mode you will have the meanest, deepest all muscle sounding vehicle ever. Get complinants every drive. The track mode is insane of a diff from the shift point. How hard and it pulls. Still makes exaughst louder and I'm runnin some great times for literally tores 275s, tazer 150 bucks resignators free
It's going to stay stock. Not looking to change anything.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Resignators? Regulators? No resonators = Drone FWIW

A Guy
Regulators ! LOL classic,
don't need no stinking regulators ! I think mine were making a strange sound when I backed into the storage unit the other day 👽
Have to check that out,
Thanks
Best regards !
parrott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts