Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Scat Pack will be arriving in a week or so and was wondering about the capabilities of the radio system it has. I'm not a tech-guy at all, so I got a lot to learn! Just switched from a Windows Phone to a new Galaxy S10 Android and just starting to learn all it's features. I have never downloaded songs or streamed songs, just a go buy the CD type guy. No CD player in the Challenger anymore, right? I can download songs from a CD to a USB thumb drive, but not sure if the radio system will understand it. Is there a certain file type it has to be to work?
Thanks for any light you can shine to help me understand what the radio system can or can not do!
Todd:unsure:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yes, it will play music loaded on the USB drive. No more CD's, you can even run spotify app on your phone. MP3's and WAV files I believe are the most common ones. So basically, if you transfer a CD to a USB drive, it will play.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sure it will, but...
In the long run, the best option is to load music on your phone and use that by bluetooth.
Best reason is that all interruptions from phone will break through and be heard on car speakers.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sure it will, but...
In the long run, the best option is to load music on your phone and use that by bluetooth.
Best reason is that all interruptions from phone will break through and be heard on car speakers.
except the fact that bluetooth audio isnt the same quality as cd quality or high end lossless audio... bluetooth audio will never be as good sounding as the CD itself or a lossless rip from a CD.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
These cars have Applecar Play and Android Auto. Besides using the radio for music. I used both a USB with music, but I also connected my phone via cord an used Spotify.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I'm sure I will try all the options and see what sounds good and is user friendly!
Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts