Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a 2019 Scat Pack or Scat Pack Shaker with a Tazer? I'm wondering if the splash screen can be unlocked and changed as in years past. Particularly interested in whether the Shaker can be changed to get the Scat Bee animation. The feature listing on the Tazer website lists this as an option but I'd like to know for sure before I make any purchases. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've got a 19 SP WB, and installed the Tazer. I haven't setup anything with the Tazer quite yet, but I did physically install it, which changed what mode the car starts in (it defaults to sport mode now upon start). The superbee logo still appears in driver HUD upon start.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a 19 SP WB, and installed the Tazer. I haven't setup anything with the Tazer quite yet, but I did physically install it, which changed what mode the car starts in (it defaults to sport mode now upon start). The superbee logo still appears in driver HUD upon start.

If you get a chance and care to do it, you should be able to go into the Tazer menu and change the splash display (HUD) to Challenger or Shaker. The Scat Pack Shaker cars are set to Shaker. I would assume the Scat Bee is in the programming on all Scat Packs. If you can change your screen, I would assume the Shaker cars would have the option as well. Here is a link to an excellent Youtube video done by WorkPlayDrive that is posted in Z Automotive's video tutorials under the support tab on their website:

https://www.zautomotive.com/video-tutorials/#/lightbox&slide=9

·
Registered
981 Posts
I thought the 2019's didn't need the Tazer for line locks etc...
They don’t why is why putting one on a 2019 or newer is lighting your money on fire. I guess if starting your car in sport or changing your startup screen is worth $200 that’s your prerogative.

Reactions: pentacro

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just installed the Tazer on my 2017 Scat Pack. I only wanted Line Lock and that Bee at startup. For me, it was worth the $249 for these applications. I just got back from a few line lock passes in an empty parking lot. Worked great and have my Bee. Well worth it.

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
403 Posts
I just installed the Tazer on my 2017 Scat Pack. I only wanted Line Lock and that Bee at startup. For me, it was worth the $249 for these applications. I just got back from a few line lock passes in an empty parking lot. Worked great and have my Bee. Well worth it.
I have a 2017 scat pack, I don’t have a tazer. But I get the Bee always at startup

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a 2017 scat pack, I don’t have a tazer. But I get the Bee always at startup
Your car must have the Scat Pack appearance group package. It's only way to get the Bee without the Tazer.

Reactions: Nightwing

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
403 Posts
Your car must have the Scat Pack appearance group package. It only was to get the Bee without the Tazer.
Yep, it has that package

·
Registered
981 Posts
I’m just really confused by the obsession over the bee when you startup the car? I didn’t even notice it until someone else said it here.

Reactions: Red392Scat

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,403 Posts
I’m just really confused by the obsession over the bee when you startup the car? I didn’t even notice it until someone else said it here.
For me it's because it should have been on all non Shaker Scat Packs. Shakers get the Shaker design, SRT's get theirs, we get nothing. I bought the silly priced Scat Pack with bee spoiler emblem just because I wanted my car to say Scat Pack somewhere on it.

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro

·
Registered
981 Posts
For me it's because it should have been on all non Shaker Scat Packs. Shakers get the Shaker design, SRT's get theirs, we get nothing. I bought the silly priced Scat Pack with bee spoiler emblem just because I wanted my car to say Scat Pack somewhere on it.
I can understand that, I have a 2019 so it’s different for me I guess because I have all these things stock everyone else is wanting. I think if I didn’t have launch control and line lock I’d pay for those.

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep, it has that package
That is why you get the bee in your car. Scats without the SPAG option will only get the Challenger logo at startup unless you program it with the Tazer. This is the only change I made so far with my Tazer was the Bee Splash and turned off the seatbelt ding as my wife sometimes has to adjust her makeup. The dash light is still on but no ding. My next attempt will be the ability to input an address in the nav while moving. I messed around with the light show. Pretty cool. Well worth it to me.

·
Registered
981 Posts
That is why you get the bee in your car. Scats without the SPAG option will only get the Challenger logo at startup unless you program it with the Tazer. This is the only change I made so far with my Tazer was the Bee Splash and turned off the seatbelt ding as my wife sometimes has to adjust her makeup. The dash light is still on but no ding. My next attempt will be the ability to input an address in the nav while moving. I messed around with the light show. Pretty cool. Well worth it to me.
The Nav thing is the most annoying thing I have ever seen. No one at Dodge thought there could ever be 2 people in a car?

Reactions: jpferry315

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts
If it unlocks based on detecting a passenger, it's also unlocked for the driver. They want people to use voice commands. I don't believe there is any regulation that says nav must be locked while in motion. You can go to recents while driving and press one of those

A Guy

·
Registered
981 Posts
If it unlocks based on detecting a passenger, it's also unlocked for the driver. They want people to use voice commands. I don't believe there is any regulation that says nav must be locked while in motion. You can go to recents while driving and press one of those

A Guy
yeah, it just locks the keyboard while in motion which is insanely annoying. I’ve been driving and we cant look up an address because we can’t type anything. Are there voice commands?

·
Registered
173 Posts
yeah, it just locks the keyboard while in motion which is insanely annoying. I’ve been driving and we cant look up an address because we can’t type anything. Are there voice commands?
I take my car out on nice weekends and have the wife to input an address while in motion. I activated this feature with the Tazer and works. Think I am set with what I want to change for now. I did not do the SRT mode due to wanting my Bee. All Scats should have come with the Bee. LOL

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts