Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well I went ahead and fudged up the front air dam on my Widebody.

Curb was a little higher than usual (from now on I back in when there is a curb).

Anyway got the new part from my dealer (68315879-AB).

Swapping it out does not look as obvious as you might think. I hope I do not have to remove the front facia.

Anyone out there ever replaced one? I searched youtube but none like the WB.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Varooom

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,313 Posts
front fascia has to come off to do it right.
Same R&R as replacing the splitter on any 2015 & later, which is typicalyl done to upgrade SXT R/T cars to the scaqtpack lip, if you are looking for youtube install vid help.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
221 Posts
I replaced my SP “duck bill” with the smaller OE from a regular RT. Taking the front clip off is the easy part. Separating the chin spoiler without damaging the plastic clips and slots is tricky. Set aside time to walk away when you get frustrated and come back to it. Glad I did it but don’t want to do it again.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello all,

Well I went ahead and fudged up the front air dam on my Widebody.

Curb was a little higher than usual (from now on I back in when there is a curb).

Anyway got the new part from my dealer (68315879-AB).

Swapping it out does not look as obvious as you might think. I hope I do not have to remove the front facia.

Anyone out there ever replaced one? I searched youtube but none like the WB.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Varooom
As stated, you need to remove the front fascia to do it right. The next best advice I have is to use a hairdryer. Those tabs on the backside of the fascia can be tough to deal with. Use the hairdryer to warm up those tabs and slots on what's attached and they will release much easier. The same goes for installing your new splitter...use the hairdryer to heat the slots up (looks rectangular on a 2016) and the tabs will go in place much easier. When you pull the fascia off, be sure to have a large quilt or thick blanket to lay it on so that it won't get damaged. As a note, unless it's been changed, you'll also need a few plastic rivets. Harbor Freight has an inexpensive plastic rivet gun kit which includes several sizes of plastic rivets. I hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts