Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my 2017 Charger Scatpack for a 2019 Challenger Scatpack with the T/A package last night. The car came with the side stripe delete. My question to you all who is does this also delete the Challenger T/A badge on the rear spoiler? The pictures I've seen online who have the side stripe delete still have the rear spoiler badge on. Any ideas before I bring this up to the dealer? Also, how much would it cost parts and labor to have the side stripe put on? Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,841 Posts
I see nothing to indicate the side stripe delete would also delete the spoiler decal. If you do the delete on the Dodge site, it removes the side stripe, and leaves the spoiler decal as well

Nothing in the info pop ups notes removing side stripes deletes the spoiler decal as well. I'd ask about it ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see nothing to indicate the side stripe delete would also delete the spoiler decal. If you do the delete on the Dodge site, it removes the side stripe, and leaves the spoiler decal as well

View attachment 979480
View attachment 979481

Nothing in the info pop ups notes removing side stripes deletes the spoiler decal as well. I'd ask about it ;)

A Guy
Thank you. Do you think its because mine came with the Hellcat spoiler or whatever that different spoiler is called?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,841 Posts
Not sure what spoiler you mean? The SRT Performance Spoiler isn't available with the T/A Package. Pictures?

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what spoiler you mean? The SRT Performance Spoiler isn't available with the T/A Package. Pictures?

A Guy
That's the spoiler. And you are correct. I tried to build it on the dodge website and it wouldn't let me add the spoiler to the T/A package but my T/A has that spoiler.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,841 Posts
So, your car was on the lot? Was it new, or pre-owned? Perhaps a previous owner had the spoiler installed, that could explain the missing T/A decal. Or the dealer did it on site, and the buyer pulled out?

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, your car was on the lot? Was it new, or pre-owned? Perhaps a previous owner had the spoiler installed, that could explain the missing T/A decal. Or the dealer did it on site, and the buyer pulled out?

A Guy
Brand new and on the dealer lot. It's crazy right?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've seen dealers change out parts like this when a car suffers lot damage or shipping damage. It's more common than you think. I wouldn't immediately conclude that the salesman/dealership tried to hide this from you. I've come across sales staff who know next to nothing about the cars they are trying to sell.

Bottom line is that your car should not have that spoiler. Something happened to the original. I'd ask some questions to the dealership management. I bet they will make you whole.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen dealers change out parts like this when a car suffers lot damage or shipping damage. It's more common than you think. I wouldn't immediately conclude that the salesman/dealership tried to hide this from you. I've come across sales staff who know next to nothing about the cars they are trying to sell.

Bottom line is that your car should not have that spoiler. Something happened to the original. I'd ask some questions to the dealership management. I bet they will make you whole.
I just looked at the window sticker and it has the SRT Performance spoiler as one of the listed options on the car. Oh well I'll ask the dealer when I go there today to get the windows tinted. Thank you all for your help.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,841 Posts
I'd not bother for a sticker that likely won't fit right/show on the upgraded spoiler

A Guy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts