Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two winters in a row.....or just when it is cold out. When backing up and cutting the wheel hard there is usually 2-3 clunks as the tire rotates. It feels like binding but again it is only when cold and it does not matter which side. If the wheel is cut to the full left while backing up you hear and feel in on the passenger right...and vice versa. It is not a continuous rubbing. I initially thought it was some clearance issue with the tire but it sounds and feels like suspension. Has anyone else encountered this? Definitely interested.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Yep, this is clearly suspension related and not tires. Your best bet is to get the car up and off the ground and take a look at all your suspension moving pieces. Clearly there is something loose (I'll bet sway bar end links) and once in the air you can put a wrench on all the bolts and double check for torque. I bet it will pop right out at you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give it a look. After the first few pops its done for the day....so I find that strange as well. Like when you wake up, crack your neck or whatever....once and done until the next cold day. Maybe someone else has experienced this as well we shall see.. Thanks Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts