Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the cap off the back of the inner headlight tube? It looks like there is just a black cap over it but I can’t tell if it pops off or screws off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the cap off the back of the inner headlight tube? It looks like there is just a black cap over it but I can’t tell if it pops off or screws off.

Reach in from the back of it, you'll feel three tabs, just gently push them in and it'll come off. but be careful, they break very easily if you ever want to put it back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reach in from the back of it, you'll feel three tabs, just gently push them in and it'll come off. but be careful, they break very easily if you ever want to put it back.

Just to clarify, this is a black cover on the back of the headlight tube. Not the clear lens at the front. I can not find any tabs or anything to pop it out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just to clarify, this is a black cover on the back of the headlight tube. Not the clear lens at the front. I can not find any tabs or anything to pop it out.

Ah my apologies, I thought you meant the black cover for the tube in the middle of the inner light. The back of the headlight it's self only has the one opening for the actual headlight, not the inner one. The whole thing is sealed besides the one cap for the HID

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
When you say inner headlight do you mean DRL? If so I think DMan is correct. Take the upper plastic cover off adjacent to the hood latch and you can reach back there and feel the three tabs. What are you trying to do? Maybe that would clear up just where you're trying to access.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,486 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

On my car my inner headlight is already open and illuminated inside. At the very back of it there is a large black cap. I think there are two set screws holding it on. I am hoping to check tomorrow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's those two screws that hold the black cap in. Had to do this last week when I found out it was capped. Only thing I'm not sure on is if the Mopar tube part fits with these illuminated lamps.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,486 Posts
Post some pictures, as this is something new I believe. I this on Shaker cars only? I hadn't heard of this on previous years models with the illuminated air-catcher headlamps.

A Guy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's those two screws that hold the black cap in. Had to do this last week when I found out it was capped. Only thing I'm not sure on is if the Mopar tube part fits with these illuminated lamps.

Yup, that’s it. I can feel the two screws. I will find out if the air box tube fits soon since I have one setting here. I will get a better pic when I take it off.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,486 Posts
That looks like the cover on the back of the outside headlight? You twist it to "unscrew" it using the two opposing tabs. Are we talking the outer headlight, or the inner DRL with the hole in the center?

3:00 minute mark here

Very interesting if the DRL intake has a cap like that behind it

A Guy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks like the cover on the back of the outside headlight? You twist it to "unscrew" it using the two opposing tabs. Are we talking the outer headlight, or the inner DRL with the hole in the center?

3:00 minute mark here

DIY: 2015-2016 Dodge Challenger HID Headlight Kit Installation - Enlight - YouTube

Very interesting if the DRL intake has a cap like that behind it

A Guy

Yes. That is the cap. It is on both the inner and outer light. The headlight cap will twist l, the DRL cap has two screws. Maybe this is a change for 19.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the cap off. The intake tube will not fit so hopefully I can send back to Amazon. However, I do not really feel it’s needed, looking in the headlight you can clearly see the air cleaner so I feel most air will reach the air box anyway.

Also, there is a line labeled “A/C” that plugs into the back of the air filter. Does the SPS use cool air from the A/C to cool intake air?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks like this is what's needed.

That light tube Rams air into the intake when attached with the duct. Ram air = HP

The tube Spyder bought is for the Mopar CAI box only.

Can anyone confirm whether we can use Mopar CAI on 2019 SP's?

Apparently the Mopar CAI cannot be used because the 2019 SP hood heat extractor will rain through to the filter?

Here's how to get ram air on 2019 SP's w/o CAI:

https://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Challenger-6-4L-Conversion-Cleaner/dp/B01E4JO9UE

$120 shipped

It's OEM 68207918AB Air Cleaner Duct Tube and 68175164AC Mopar OEM Bottom Half Of Airbox

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like this is what's needed.

That light tube Rams air into the intake when attached with the duct. Ram air = HP

The tube Spyder bought is for the Mopar CAI box only.

Can anyone confirm whether we can use Mopar CAI on 2019 SP's?

Apparently the Mopar CAI cannot be used because the 2019 SP hood heat extractor will rain through to the filter?

Here's how to get ram air on 2019 SP's w/o CAI:

https://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Challenger-6-4L-Conversion-Cleaner/dp/B01E4JO9UE

$120 shipped

It's OEM 68207918AB Air Cleaner Duct Tube and 68175164AC Mopar OEM Bottom Half Of Airbox

The tube I have fits the cutout on my SPS airbox, problem is the tube is just too long.

·
Super Moderator
15,730 Posts
Got the cap off. The intake tube will not fit so hopefully I can send back to Amazon. However, I do not really feel it’s needed, looking in the headlight you can clearly see the air cleaner so I feel most air will reach the air box anyway.

Also, there is a line labeled “A/C” that plugs into the back of the air filter. Does the SPS use cool air from the A/C to cool intake air?

The hose the connects to the back of the SPS air filter is the fresh air (filtered) PCV supply line.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I guess I'm a day late and dollar short on this. I just posted about this in another thread. Below are pictures of the difference. It looks like the headlight ballast is now attached to the back of the headlight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey! I have a 2019 SPS too ? yeah the tube won’t fit. I’d already ordered before seeing the thread and i just tried it out. Maybe the 2019’s will get a new part?

Btw those tiny screws are tough! I tried a bit in the morning, will do again later today.

Attaching a pic of my car ? ?

You don’t have to take the screws all the way out. Just loosen them and the cap will twist off.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts