Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Thanks. Google'd for "mopar pn 68322216AA" and got results. Any of our sponsors carry this air duct part?

I'm not home now so can't confirm the fitment based on the online pics. Hope it works tho...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,131 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,797 Posts
Subscribed. Anyone find a solution for '19 SPS?
that new part # 63822216AA...

does your stock CAI box have the square cut-out hole in the front (facing the radiator support)?

if so, that tube probably wouldn't work as the tube would insert into a round hole in the airbox.

Odds are the '18+ T/A (they had lighted inner headlight ports) used that setup. I noticed a local member's new '18 T/A has the tube feeding from the Air Catcher port into the T/A / Mopar CAI.

the T/A box is similar, but different to the Shaker CAI. Neck of the filter sits up top edge of airbox vs. the shaker version.

The yellow example is the T/A CAI, the red example is Shaker CAI. The Shaker airbox has the 3" x 3" square hole in the front used on '15 - '18 models)

It appears the T/A filter is vertical orientation (barb for PCV fresh air is below neck) and the Shaker version is horizontal (barb is to rear of neck). Both use the same filter element.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,797 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
2019 headlite block off plate

I have a 1320 with same block off, I have to order extra small T9 or T8 torx bits to remove screws. Are you saying that the stock Hellcat tube and air box wont work on the 2019 Scat Pack?

·
Registered
19 scat pack triple nickel
96 Posts
Got the cap off. The intake tube will not fit so hopefully I can send back to Amazon. However, I do not really feel it’s needed, looking in the headlight you can clearly see the air cleaner so I feel most air will reach the air box anyway.

Also, there is a line labeled “A/C” that plugs into the back of the air filter. Does the SPS use cool air from the A/C to cool intake air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What size was the torx screws to remove? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,717 Posts
In other threads they are saying T9

A Guy

21 - 40 of 47 Posts