Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 2 screws that hold the head lite cap are a T9 torx screw. If you want to install the hellcat air box and tube, you have to trim tube that goes into back of headlite approx 1/2" on top and 3/4" on bottom of tube. Takes a lot of trial and error to make it fit right, just cut a little at a time and you'll get there as I did. Steve 1320

·
Registered
18 Posts
LOL I was wondering the same about those damn caps. I saw 3 clips on YouTube. No clips! I did see what looked like 2 screws. Thats confirmed after reading these 3 pages.

At 5000 miles i wanted to put a Hellcat air box in my 19 scat pack ad well.
That really sucks the intake tube won't fit. This thread is a little old. Did they ever come out with a tube that does fit?

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
LOL I was wondering the same about those damn caps. I saw 3 clips on YouTube. No clips! I did see what looked like 2 screws. Thats confirmed after reading these 3 pages.

That really sucks the intake tube won't fit. This thread is a little old. Did they ever come out with a tube that does fit?
there wasn't a revised Hellcat (OEM) air tube

the '19+ Hellcats went over to a CAI airbox and utilizes the dual hood scoops for outside air. No longer use the air tube / Air Catcher port in the headlamp

for '19 MY the lighted inner headlight tubes came along which are blocked off at the back - so they no longer provide the Air Catcher function as the '15 - '18 versions did for Hellcats

·
Registered
93 Posts

Someone posted the correct tube size in a thread. You'll have to search for it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,737 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey! I have a 2019 SPS too ? yeah the tube won’t fit. I’d already ordered before seeing the thread and i just tried it out. Maybe the 2019’s will get a new part?

Btw those tiny screws are tough! I tried a bit in the morning, will do again later today.

Attaching a pic of my car ? ?
Love those stripes.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts