Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently doing the swap for my cousins SXT and he managed to get parts off of wrecked scatpacks. So far, we installed the new spindle (on one side) and he managed to get the adaptive damping front shocks but not the rears (I think they are adaptive because there's a connector coming out of the shock assembly). We also noticed that he doesn't have the mounting bolts for the Brembos which I was thinking of grabbing steel ones from Home Depot. His brake lines are also not for Brembos and I am ordering Steel braided lines for him.

My questions are:
1) What size Mounting bracket bolts do I grab to make his Brembos mount up to the spindle/knuckles for all four sides? ANSWERED✅
2) Is there any way to make the adaptive suspension work with his SXT. Should I throw in the original shocks or leave the adaptive ones unplugged? ANSWERED✅
3) Where can I source dust shields from (If they exist?)? They are not installed on his "new" front spindles. They are installed on the rears. ANSWERED✅
4) Where should he buy the braided lines from? Any recommendations? ANSWERED✅
5) For the rears, what is the size of the torx screw that is for the parking brake?

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Steel braided brakes lines you should be able to get at Napa Auto parts, Autozone, etc. But I would look for speed shop also. As far as getting the adaptive suspension to work, you would need the whole setup from an SRT vehicle, like Hellcat or a SRT 392.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steel braided brakes lines you should be able to get at Napa Auto parts, Autozone, etc. But I would look for speed shop also. As far as getting the adaptive suspension to work, you would need the whole setup from an SRT vehicle, like Hellcat or a SRT 392.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I ended up going to the dealership and taking a good look at their diagram. Seems like my lines are okay, I'm just missing the bolt that connects the brake hose to the caliper. I guess I'll just leave the adaptive suspension unplugged until he decides to get coilovers or something similar.

Update: I ordered all the mounting bolts from Mopar and for dust shields I've decided to leave them for now. I finished up all the front and I just started on the rears. I am unsure what size the parking brake torx screw size is which goes into the rear knuckles. Anyone have any idea?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts