Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've gone through a couple of 2015+ Challengers over the last few years. A 2015 with the old 5inch uconnect, a 2017 with the 8.4 and now a 2019 with the new (7inch I think?) uconnect. On the previous models, one of my favorite bits about uconnect is that, if you had a paired phone with you, it would default to the bluetooth/media connection when starting the car.

Unfortunately, In the 2019, it seems to default to the radio instead of the bluetooth connection, forcing me to touch media > source > bluetooth to pick up where I left off. Any other 2019 owners seeing this at all? I'm trying to figure out whether this is a pairing issue of some sort or just normal behavior with the new unit.

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Guy,

Thanks for looking into that! Unfortunately this setting only seems to apply to USB/Carplay/Android Auto side of things and not Bluetooth media. The more I google, the more I see owners complaining about this functionality....I wonder if Dodge gave in and disabled it on the new uconnects?

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts
Is the Bluetooth/Media connection the connection active when you turn off the car?

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir! I've also gone through and done a factory reset of the phone itself and re-paired it to the car. I have an iphone 7, which uses an older bluetooth standard (4.2 I think)....I wonder if there's some kinda of backwards compatibility issue? This is the same version I used on the 2015 5.0 and the 2017 8.4

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts
I'm a Luddite when it comes to phones. Mine is for phone calls, lol. Hopefully someone can confirm if they have the same behavior

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Confirmed with uconnect that this is the default functionality for the 2019 7/8.4 units. They were unable to tell me when this changed but I can say for sure that it wasn't the case in 2015 thru 2017. Going to reach out to their "case manager" team to hopefully find out when this changed so I can get a head unit from the latest model year before the change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
Mgkeeper
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing