Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2019 upgrade from Alpine

4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Iluvteak 
#1 ·
I have a 2019 SXT plus with the alpine speakers. So much information was missing from the music, no matter how I set the balance/fader or the EQ there was music that should be there and just wasn't.

I started with the rear deck speakers because when faded all the way back they were the worst. I went with a pair of Infinity Kappa s. They made a big difference but still not great.

I decided to bite the bullet and change the rest and add a sub. I went with 6x9 Kappas and 3.5 Reference (no Kappas available in 3.5) and a Rockford Fosgate P300 10 powered subwoffer. and used an Lci2i pro.

I had the work done at a local shop, I'm getting too old to do that much crawling around in trunks and under dashboards (I'd be ok with being buried in my car but I'd like to drive it around awhile longer first).

This is a fantastic solution I highly recommend it. It cost me about $1300, If I had done the work myself it would have been about $800ish. This is using the stock uconnect and amp (except for the sub). The sound is full and rich, great soundstage, plenty of volume and bass and now all the music is there I can hear all the instruments.

I am tempted to add a 4 channel amp mostly because I am curious if it will make an improvement, it is a very good system now and I can't imagine very much improvement.

I am sure people will ask so the specifics are:
Infinity Kappa 62ix 6.5
Infinity Kappa 93ix 6x9
Infintiy reference 3022 cfx 3.5
Rockford Fosgate P300-10 powered sub
audiocontrol Lc2i pro

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice. You chose components well. The next logical upgrade for me would be a 6 channel dsp amp and swapping the LC2i for a Pac Ap4-CH41. That way the factory amp is completely out of the picture and you'll have complete control over every aspect of the sound instead of relying on the factory amp and it's non adjustable dsp. I'm glad the upgrade works for you.

#3 ·
yeah I'm aware of the lc2i swap if I add an amp. Like I said I am tempted but the factory amp is doing a great job, not sure how much better an aftermarket will be for the spend. The temptation is mostly the curiosity of how much better could it be.

I have done many systems over the years but always did it all at once, never had this situation.

Any recomendations on the amp if I go that way?

#5 ·
Amp anp is installed. It makes quite a difference in volume and graphic and parametric EQs built into the amp give a huge control over the sound. Sound is more crisp and clean, but I am not sure the amp was worth the money.

I highly suggest the Speaker setup I installed above, and leaving the rest stock is a really good sound. If you have the money the amp is a nice add on but IMHO not really neccessary.

#6 · (Edited)
Steved13. So you have the 276watt amp in still correct? I ordered a 506watt mopar amp and installed it. But it isn’t working only drives the rear and door speakers with a muffled sound. Took it to 2 dealers but they can’t figure out how to get the car to recognize it. Told it it was too ‘hard’ and they gave up. May try the Kenwood route like you did. As the 276w just isn’t enough for my ears! Good post thx !

Oh and what speaker/speakers did the tap into with the lc2i. Because I’m not evensure those rear deck speakers get a full signal. Hope I’m wrong tho.

#7 ·
Wih the Kenwood you dont use the lc2i you use a maestro, either way yes the 276 is still there but not connected. The Kenwood is a DSP so you adjust everything through the amp as far as what speakers are where, and hi pass or low pass. Also digital time alignment (if not familiar you measure the distance from each speaker to the listening location). 13 (I think) band EQ and parametric EQ all for each speaker..all done through an app on your phone.

I should add I didn't d the work I had it done at a shop. I did tune it though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.