Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack with 7,000 miles. Lately it feels like the rear end is a bit sloppy. Perhaps some people would refer to it as rear end tracking? You know that feeling when you hit a groove and the car stays in it and then pops you back on a straight line? I may be focused on this and that is why I feel it so much? Anyone else feeling this sensation? Mods: K&N CAI and H&R lowering springs (drop < 2"). Yes, I felt the tracking prior to the installation of the lowering springs.
Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
17,434 Posts
with that amount of drop, you probably have so much negative camber (stock is already -1.75*) so you're riding predominately on the inner two ribs of the rear tire (and will notice the wear).

Probably getting the camber back in spec. 2" drop is a lot with the newer years and you end up > -2 to 2.2* camber

The other item is the OEM Pirellis tend to have a particular temperature range they work best in.

Tire cold = not very much grip / Tire hot = not as much grip. So down the road when you change tires out to a different brand, you'll notice that difference.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very smart feedback in regards to camber. I bet temperature is also a factor, days are getting colder here in New England and my drive to work is less than 15 minutes, not enough to really heat up those fat tires. I will run it around this weekend, get it up to temperature and see how it feels. Thank you HH!

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
My Scat Pack with Dynamics was horrible at, as you say "tracking" highway seams/grooves. When I got new tires the issue totally went away. It was very odd. I thought it might have been nature of the beast with wider tires, and probably is to some extent.

Reactions: WBScatPack19

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Scat Pack with Dynamics was horrible at, as you say "tracking" highway seams/grooves. When I got new tires the issue totally went away. It was very odd. I thought it might have been nature of the beast with wider tires, and probably is to some extent.
I'm running the stock Pirelli All Season, what new tires did you get? I do not drive my SP in the Winter so I'm thinking I need to move to a Summer tire?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yep, my camber was waaaay off after lowering. Went with a complete Bwoody kit to dial it back in. Can also save a little coin by just going with new camber (cam) bushings. Your ride looks great lowered though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, my camber was waaaay off after lowering. Went with a complete Bwoody kit to dial it back in. Can also save a little coin by just going with new camber (cam) bushings. Your ride looks great lowered though.
Thank you! I didn't go crazy, just enough to close that fender gap. How low did you go? Along with the bushings, what about a rear sway bar?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thank you! I didn't go crazy, just enough to close that fender gap. How low did you go? Along with the bushings, what about a rear sway bar?
I only needed to go a fuzz over an inch for a similar fender gap to yours. Still loving it after more than 30K miles. Only issue is I’ve had CV boot failures at each half shaft. I need to find someone who makes them with a more angle friendly boot rubber.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a similar issue without lowering and used the SPP 66050 camber kit. Stood the rear tires up to almost 0, improved my traction, improved tread wear, and got rid of the rear ended wiggle. It’s one box per side. The toe kit if needed is SPP 66055.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.